Al's Pals

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: Al's Pals

Post by Muppetboy09 »

From Al:
Al Yankovic wrote:Shocked and saddened to hear the news about Prince. The music world will miss his prolific genius.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I'm actually expecting news organizations to call Al for a quote based on their "history"

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

And if a news organization doesn't, I'm sure TMZ will stop him on the streets to ask his thoughts.
And Peggy
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Yankomaniac wrote:Hopefully this doesn't mean Al would stop singing the Prince line from Word Crimes. That would just be too lame.
If he didn't stop performing SLN on tour the same two summers right after Kurt died, I don't see why he would do this.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

And Peggy
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

Al's message to him on the Tweeter Machine literally warmed my heart this morning. I've also popped along a tweet to him (as another 100,000 people will have done) but I'm unsure if he'll get it because he'll probably be getting A LOT of condolences today.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

So let's talk about Lin-Manuel Miranda for a second.

I've almost considered creating a topic just for Al's and Lin-Manuel's relationship since to me it just feels like there's SO MUCH, but this should suffice.

Now everyone knows that Lin-Manuel Miranda is a FAMOUS elephant that flies--

Wait that's Martin Scorsese

Okay STARTING OVER

Lin-Manuel Miranda wrote Hamilton (and In The Heights but Hamilton is the one everyone knows). Everyone loves Hamilton. Al loves Hamilton. Lin loves Al! Lin saw Al in concert a million years ago and willed Yoda out of him then sang the Yoda solo years later at Radio City Music Hall. They're big fans of each other and I love it so much. Lin also loves comedy! He's been known to listen to the Comedy Bang! Bang! podcast and casually reference it on his twitter. He sent Ben Schwartz a drunken voicemail on New Years where he rapped about CBB and it was the greatest thing.
Also.
Lin has mentioned a few times that he'd love to collaborate with Al, right? And Al would love to do the same because literally you guys, Al LOVES Hamilton like you don't even know.
That's why I'm wondering
Lin released/is in the process of releasing the Hamilton Mixtape with a bunch of different talented artists covering/remixing the songs from Hamilton (Kelly Clarkson covering It's Quiet Uptown = ugly crying forever and I can't wait until it becomes a radio single I will cry at work every day) and The Roots are heavily featured, which is a given because Lin loooooves The Roots and they love Hamilton so of course they're on there. Jimmy Fallon is there too because, well, The Roots, and Lin loves comedy and Jimmy Fallon is a joke a comedian and already covered You'll Be Back for a #Ham4Ham once so this is just like the official recording I guess. Even Ben Folds is on there with Regina Spektor! And SIA is on there!! I'm crying just thinking about how her cover of Satisfied will sound, omg.
However.
To my eyes, there's one glaring omission here: Al!!!
If Lin wants to collaborate with him so badly, why not here? :think: Al would have done a much better cover of You'll Be Back (Jimmy Fallon is like my ex-boyfriend I don't wanna get into it) and plus what about that Right Hand Man/Dare To Be Stupid mashup #Ham4Ham?? That coulda been worked on, presumably. :think:

I dunno man. Hopefully there's a second Hamilton Mixtape for many reasons but also so Al can do something? :P

Al please cover You'll Be Back UGH that would be SO GOOD with the costume and everything???? Can you imaaaaaaagine

Anyway, just some Lin-Manuel Miranda related thoughts. :magic:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

The second I heard about the Hamilton mixtape I wondered if Al would be on there. And any other collaboration between them would be wonderous. I love me some musicals and would love to see Al do one

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

I don't get Lin nor do I get Hamilton - I only follow him on twitter because he tweets those good vibes AND YES, because he listens to CB!B!
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I would love to hear Al singing "You'll be Back". It would fit him so well! Maybe he can be the next King George on Broadway!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic