The Weird Al Says Tweet!

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

mellow weasel
Obsessed

Re: The Weird Al Says Tweet!

Post by mellow weasel »

Sappho wrote:I think it's referring to the "Feel the Bern" campaign slogan for Bernie Sanders, especially with the sign being in sort of campaign colors, too.
That's an actual slogan :blink: ? It doesn't make any sense :huh: , what is it supposed to mean? And it sounds like they were trying to make it sound like "feel the burn" in the first place. :?
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

Well I don't know if it's the official slogan, but it's a phrase associated with it. And yes, it's supposed to sound like "feel the burn", though I'm not sure what exactly it's supposed to mean either. XD
Love and peace.
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

Well, before recently, it didn't mean anything particularly good...

EDIT: Just saw the post in question. Oh, you innocent minds.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

OneWAY wrote:Oh, you innocent minds.
I mean, I get what kind of burning the ad is talking about, I just miss the joke.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Bernie Sanders is a presidential candidate. One of his slogans is "Feel The Bern". The ad is designed to look just like his campaign logo.
Meanwhile, a sexually transmitted disease might make your genital areas experience a burning sensation. The ad is suggesting you get tested for STDs.

Bern and burn are homonyms. :#
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

OK, I see. Now the only question left is who in the right mind would choose a slogan "feel the Bern". It sounds more like something Trump would think of in order to ridicule him :lol:
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

mellow weasel wrote:Now the only question left is who in the right mind would choose a slogan "feel the Bern".
Someone whose first name is Bernie.

Before this election, the phrase "feel the burn" has been associated primarily with weight loss (ie feeling the fat burn off), and as a figure of speech this has extended to mean something like "feel the excitement".
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

TMBJon wrote:Before this election, the phrase "feel the burn" has been associated primarily with weight loss (ie feeling the fat burn off), and as a figure of speech this has extended to mean something like "feel the excitement".
Really? :blink: I understood it as this (a response to a someone making a harsh yet witty remark):
:imstupid:
In that sense, it wouldn't make a good slogan :D, unless your campaign is based on making harsh remarks on your opponents :lol:
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

mellow weasel wrote:unless your campaign is based on making harsh remarks on your opponents :lol:
It's been a tough election cycle for all of us...
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Yeah, I'm shocked Sen. Sanders didn't think the "Feel The Bern" slogan was beneath him too but hey...at least it's catchy!

(Seriously though, I'd be surprised to learn the Bernie came up with that himself and not his campaign manager)
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...