Has Al Affected Your Love Life?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

My girlfriend's attitude toward me liking Al is "I can't see why you like this guy, but hey, nothing wrong with it." So it's all good. I played her some songs from Poodle Hat but I don't think she liked them too much.

-jon
Heds
Obsessed

Re: Has Al Affected Your Love Life?

Post by Heds »

I know the last post on this thread for a long, looooooong time was Jon's second post (SECOND POST, guys!! Before I was even a tiny little thing in my mummy's tummy! Do you not realise how time has flown on this forum?) but I'll go and revive it.

I'm unsure if it's been Al or my liking of CBB that's affected my loves in school, or my sexuality and social awkwardness, damn, even the fact I'm autistic. I've not got many men I like and they just tend to spread rumours about boys liking me to annoy both me and that kid so I've given up on love in general. Not to mention the fact my body is falling in love with every grown man I see like crazy, so I'm not ready for actual love (as of yet).
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I went out with a girl last night and when we were talking about music, I mentioned I liked Weird Al and she asked, "Who's that?"

There will not be a second date.

(No, not because of her lack of Al-wareness; she's super-sweet but we're clearly just meant to be friends)
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

I mean, I've gotten the "who's that" response when talking about Al too. I don't think anybody at my school may be a keeper, and I feel Al-wareness would play a huge role in my love life. I feel it would improve the bond between me and my boyfriend/girlfriend and help us seek a lot more comfort, whether that be spending the night listening to Al music, maybe going to a karaoke bar and singing some Al or even wearing identical Al shirts.

Shame there's not a lot of fans where I live. My brothers loved White and Nerdy back in the day (I brought Al up yesterday before Milo Murphy's Law) and I feel a bit of bond with them. But it's still a shame not much here know who Al is.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

Yes. He's made my ridiculous standards in men even more ridiculous! :D

But seriously, I flip-flop from feeling undateable and like a freak to being content with fangirling over Alfie. Honestly, it's easier to fangirl over Alfie than chasing guys because most of the time it doesn't work out and my attempts at relationships end in heartbreak.

My crush on Al actually is because of a former crush who's a HUGE fan of Al. Sooooo....transference?
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

My girlfriend is a rocker like me so she loves Al, she just likes it in regular doses. Not Yankomaniac sized doses like I bring out sometimes but especially since meeting Al and the guys she knows how killer they are and therefore aside from being annoyed from time to time from excessive album listens by me, it has not affected our relationship. Been listening to an excessive amount of Green Day lately so I put on SOL the other day and it made her quite happy!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

My GF hates Al's music :bad:
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

That stinks, Yankoswag. It's like your town is heavily populated with every Weird Al hater in the world! :(
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.