Obligatory Holiday/birthday/anniversary Topic

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Re: Obligatory Holiday/birthday/anniversary Topic

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

Happy Birthday Mandatory Fun!
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

:tacky:
Mandatory Fun was released so close to my birthday... 4 days now!!!
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

:tacky: IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!! :tacky:

So everybody, it's my big day now in my timezone (this post I scheduled for bang-on midnight BST so here it is!). I've spent a long time composing it, and it's all gonna be great.

I joined this forum when I was 10, coming up for 11 on June 25th, 2015. I was just a wee Al fan back then, and I came on and rummaged and screamed about anything I really cared about. Now I can say I'm more self-conscious about whatever the hell I say now but some of those one year old opinions actually still stay with me today.

I rose to fame following the infamous "Taco Party" in "Trump Tower" (This was during WOWAY Appritence- oh my god even 7 months after it ended I still can't spell that word I must study grammar more even although I'm so young ugh what is this) which was the designated forum for WOWAY Appiritence (I STILL CAN'T SPELL IT), a MASSIVE event that was a parody of that TV show that billionaire who's running for president just left (hip hip hooray) and I actually got a part in it despite having run ANOTHER "Taco Party" in there (geez I was cheap) and since then, I've been a posting machine on the forum.

So, I'm not saying I'm a bot, but I've loved all the stripping dolls, conversation, fun, shirtless, butt, sexy, Kreygasm stuff that goes on here and I love this community more than anything. To the people whom I have spent over a year of my life with -

Thank you.

The last year has been amazing and it's all thanks to you guys whom have made it great.

So, I'm gonna tell you about some stuff that defines my recent life, because I seriously just can and you can't stop me from doing so.

Youtube

This is ELO's "Calling America", from the band's final ever studio album (KIND OF. I call it their final because they never came back until 2001's "Zoom" and then they gave it another 14 years until Jeff revived it all with "Alone In The Universe". I'm gonna admit, I kinda like Zoom but I love Alone In The Universe. I first heard When I Was A Boy during Jeff's Glastonbury slot and it almost made me cry. It's so gentle, soft and also autobiographical about Jeff while it hits your heart and it's something you can really remember).
NOW ELO is one of those bands whom do unique music. Most of their music is synthy digitally beepy rock. And I love that sort of thing because it gives off an 80's vibe. At times it actually feels more like pop because yeah, it's all digitally beepy do do dooey and all that. But that's because Jeff Lynne is a modern genius. He was able to turn himself from being an unknown Brummie rocker to being The Beatles if they were still making music. NOW keep in mind The Beatles were disbanded in 1970 and ELO began in that year too, so BASICALLY ELO is the next chapter of The Beatles. Think about it.
But the other main reason about why I love ELO is because they're so expressive. Every single little word in their music means something, EVEN if Out Of The Blue, one of my favourites, was just 70% about rain and rainy days (Standing In The Rain. One of my favourites. The good intentions and the pain, lay drowned now in the pouring rain, I tried to be so good this time, but here I am under the sky." Perfectly describes my life with depression and how much it's taken over me...) and how it feels when there's finally that one sunny day in the UK.
TIME is also a favourite. It's a concept album telling the story of a man whom gets teleported/time-travelled from 1981 to 114 years into the future (2095) and yet it still speaks so many words. You can hear the unnamed main character's struggle through "Twilight" (the amazing starter to the album, which goes with "Prologue" at the start), "Ticket To The Moon" and "Here Is The News". You hear him talk about his IBM-made, telephone crush through "Yours Truly, 2095" that talks about how hesitant, cocky and arrogant she is to him. Yet, the main character wants to know so much about her and wants to "kiss her interface"... through the whole album, you know that he's struggling.
Balance Of Power, of which "Calling America" is from, is what I consider the final Original ELO album. I've explained so much you'll all be tired by now, so probably clicking play on that video will let you hear that beautiful, synth-filled poppy rock music, and from there you can browse more of it. Again, this is another album filled with emotion in Jeff's vocals. You'd never know.

Youtube

This is "White And Nerdy", the song you all know because we're all freaking fans of this dude, which was released when I was 2. From what I remember, my brothers were on MySpace at the time and this song was their jam, and my first exposure to Al. Unfortunately, I never remembered it or even heard of it until I stumbled onto Al again. In a way, I've felt this song describes my life because it brings me back to the days when they had a Wii, when they would play Super Smash Bros Brawl on it and they had a Mii of me (it has pigtails!!! and pink!!! it was SO cute. It's still on that Wii to this very day as a way to remember how smol and adorabl I was.)

Youtube

This is a video of Al's portion of the VH1 Music Awards, which is infamous for the Faith Hill - Breathe music video parody. When screenshots of it from Alholics Anonymous (RIP inactive sweet prince) were uploaded onto YC, I experienced my first bout of what they call being "turned on" and since then, sexual thoughts of Al have surrounded my mind and have asked me to question my innocence :lol: I've actually even had a sexual dream that I barely talk about, and trust me, I've just been in love with him. The pure sex god and sexual appeal of Al in general is what makes me love him to pieces :wub:

Youtube

This is the main menu music for the Wii U, an amazing but unfortunately flopped game console. The Wii U was the first ever game console I had to myself, and I just love mine to pieces. I'm gonna admit, it's a shame it had to be so flawed and underestimated, but I will never forget the aesthetic of the menu music. It's so relaxing and it seems like music you could mediate to. I am excited for the NX, Mini NES and whatever else Nintendo's gonna have up on their sleeve. I own Mario Kart 8, Splatoon (two of my favourite video games of all time), 1080 Snowboarding (my favourite game from the 90's), Super Mario Bros 3, Excitebike (both amazing NES games) and The Legend Of Zelda (which I can't goddamn figure out for god's sake when will this pain end)

So, that's it with the videos. I know that section was tiny (and the ELO one was BIG) but I couldn't think of more.

Now - I'm gonna talk about why I love you guys.

You all are so friendly. Ever since the end of the sixth year of primary school for me, you've helped me through my deepest, darkest times and you've seen the worst of me as well, and I've given love to you back. You've helped me stay strong through my deepest, darkest, saddest nights and you've kept my spirits high through the happiest days.

Why is friendship so important? It encourages us to give and be nice. It helps us stay strong and friendly. Through our bonds, online and offline, we've been able to keep our happiness together, even if we're not the same age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, race and so on. But the one thing we all have in common here is we like Weird Al. And we won't stop liking Weird Al because our lovely friends on here encourage us to be fans of Al.

Al is the man whom has bonded us together like a magnet. Maybe we've met Al, maybe we haven't, but we'll still all get on well. Maybe we've worked with Al like Jon and maybe we haven't, and we're OK to be jealous of that because why the hell not we're WAY fans geez.

Having Aspergers, I've lost so many "friends" whom acted so nice to me then regretted it all. But, for over a year now, I've been able to bond with people whom actually have the same interests as me and actually care about me when I expressed my depressed or even suicidal thoughts. Maybe if it wasn't for you guys, I wouldn't be alive and kicking my 12th birthday...

And I am alive and kicking out on my 12th birthday, which is why I want to give you guys a VIRTUAL HUG and another big THANK YOU. Your friendly and swift thinking has kept me alive on this world to see another year, which is why I'm happy.
Because I'm here.

So, again, I'd like to thank you all and prematurely thank you all for wishing me a happy birthday. I'm going up to high school soon and I'm still happy to be on this forum. I love you all, and I'll never forget the love and care you've given to me in the last year.

So, again, a very big thank you for not only being friends with me, but for supporting me and technically keeping me alive and well.

This is a now 12 year old Heds of Scotland's Central Belt, signing off. Peace to all goodwill and mankind.
May your God's love be with you, and if you don't have a religion, may my love be with you on my special day.

PS: Maybe a song about my thinking mind with the 8 hours of homework I'll get a week in Scottish high school.
PPS: PP? Pee-pee :lol: ORIGINAL JOKE
PPPS: The above was a joke 10 year old me would've made. Ignore that cringey stuff.
PPPPS: NO
PPPPPS: YES
PPPPPPS: No.
PPPPPPPS: YES
PPPPPPPPS: Die.
PPPPPPPPPS: OK, goodbye world *jumps out my window into my garden to be never seen again

OK, that was a joke.
Enjoy your day, and may your God's love be with you, and if you don't have a religion, may my love be with you on my special day. :peace:
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Happy Birthday, Heds!!!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

Well, that's my big day over, folks!!! :( :(W

It was a good one :lol:

Thanks for all your wishes, peeps! I got most of them through PM, so don't be worried I didn't get enough attention, there was my family too ;)

Again guys, thanks a lot, I've never felt so much love :wub: :hug:
aaaa

//heds

Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

Today's the 27th anniversary of UHF - something I HAVEN'T seen but HAVE to see!
aaaa

//heds

Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

:birthday: Elvis!!!
:king:
aaaa

//heds

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

You've never watched UHF? Jeezuuus, you gotta get on that man.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

The first time I watched UHF, 12 year old me was home sick one day in the 7th grade looking through all the movies Fran Drescher had ever done (up to that point in time) and I found that someone bootlegged it onto YouTube. It was the best and I watched that bootleg all the time until it got taken down a few months later. It was lit. Good times man
conk or bepis
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPY BIRTHDAY JANNA BANANAKINS :ttr: :party: :birthday:

Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia