Squeeze Box: The Complete Works of "Weird Al" Yankovic

Moderator: Moderators

joseyklein
Obsessed

Re: Squeeze Box - compleat Al box set coming November 24, 20

Post by joseyklein »

Started even worse tonight and they've done an amazing job, best one yet!

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
stardrop
Occasional

Post by stardrop »

Got mine today! Happy to see it arrive without damage even after the long journey :)
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

Mine was delivered today!

I was actually notified that it was "Available for Pick-Up" yesterday, but that was after the post office closed. When I woke up this morning, it actually arrived on my doorstep though. Very nice. Everything sounds really good, and it looks amazing.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I have not had the chance to actually listen to this yet as I want to be able to listen intently without distraction (and also to do so without annoying my wife), but I went through the accompanying book meticulously looking through the photos. It was really incredible, and I had a huge smile on my face the entire time which kept getting renewed every couple of pages. The vast majority of these images I've never seen before. I feel like this is the first time since Permanent Record where I had a whole booklet with so many new photos of Al throughout his career to pore through.
The things I liked the most - the original lyric sheet of Smells Like Nirvana, originally called Sounds Like Teen Gibberish (!!), along with alternate lyrics and even subject ideas. Also, the storyboards for This Is The Life music video was fascinating. I would love to see more storyboards!! The invitation to the release party for the debut album (which was apparently held at Jay Levey's office). All of the old documents like this were so interesting to look at. So much more I am forgetting right now. I would love if Al could make some of this new artwork available as a poster. I would love a blow-up of the last photo in the book, Al as Jimi Hendrix with his accordion on fire. And also a reprint of the Springsteen poster parody!

Really excited to start listening to the tunes soon!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I received it today. The only CD player I have is in my car so it makes listening difficult. I was hoping it would have arrived last week so I could rip the discs at work on Saturday but I have to wait now. I did go out today and run some errands and listen to Medium Rarities. While it was all stuff I had heard before it was beautiful. I also enjoyed the book but found they used the same picture twice!ImageImage

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Got mine :D there's a Grammy for packaging, this should win in 2019 :D
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

weird_el wrote:Got mine :D there's a Grammy for packaging, this should win in 2019 :D
I was thinking the same thing this morning as this year's nominees came out. How could Al not win next year? Should at least get a nomination.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

When I loaded the discs onto my computer I changed all the genres from Spoken Word to Comedy
Also, check the dates for correctness.
mmm Off The Deep End has 10 minutes of remastered silence :lol:
Margarita
Occasional

Post by Margarita »

Got my Squeeze Box yesterday and absolutely happy about it! :great: Finally, I can proudly say, that I legally possess all Al's music. I'm not an "evil hard-bitten criminal scum" anymore! :lol: The book is amazing, too! Lots of new beautiful pictures to admire!
stardrop
Occasional

Post by stardrop »

Just noticed that Amazon.co.jp does list Squeeze Box for "pre-order now" but with much higher prices. CD box is listed as 55,103 yen($488) and Vinyl one is listed as 80,950 yen($716). :oo
There will be no shipping cost if you live in Japan and order from them, but still, that's much higher than the amount I paid to PledgeMusic(and I'm getting the T-shirt etc, too, while the buyers from Amazon will not receive them...)