Take Me Down

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Well you have to remember that it wasnt Al writing a song to be laugh out loud funny, but as a musical tour through SLO Town, so it will be different from any other song.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
The thing
Occasional

Post by The thing »

Hey, i found I fan video for this song. It's just a picture, but you can listen to the song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD3b3SmVl2s
Guess what!

Weird Al has his own wiki!

http://weirdal.wikia.com/
weirdalrocks
Obsessed

Post by weirdalrocks »

thanks for telling me ^_^
next posting goal:2700
flusher5
Addicted

Post by flusher5 »

I remember in 2005 or 2006, there was a site that said they had the SLO GROWN LP but when it came in the mail when we ordered it, it was called Slo Grown, but from a different year (the year before) the person never responded, after we told them they sent the wrong one, so we never got our $20 back! I think the song is pretty good, but I wonder what it was recorded with and where.
Rice in my Laundry, Lice in my Milk.

call me "Ben" not flusher
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

The thing @ January 10, 2009 03:41 pm wrote: Hey, i found I fan video for this song. It's just a picture, but you can listen to the song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD3b3SmVl2s
What's with the commenter who called this a straight-up non-comedic song? :huh:
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I think Take Me Down is one of Al's best early songs and there are definitely a lot of punchlines in it regardless of what any YouTube commenter thinks. Having driven through San Luis Obispo (and surrounding areas) I had the chance to see some of the sites Al sings about and I really think it's a nice tribute to his college town with many tongue in cheek comments laced throughout (the stores never close down until five o clock being my favorite).
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

TMBJon @ January 11, 2009 04:17 am wrote: Having driven through San Luis Obispo (and surrounding areas) I had the chance to see some of the sites Al sings about and I really think it's a nice tribute to his college town with many tongue in cheek comments laced throughout (the stores never close down until five o clock being my favorite).
Hey, next time you're in SLO Town why don't you STOP! :lol:

It's a college town, it has brew pubs. And coffee houses, for those of you who will be getting back on the road shortly thereafter.

I've been to the Madonna Inn restrooms (those of both genders, with suitable reconaissance beforehand-- thanks, Dave!) and Bubble Gum Alley, but having camped near San Simeon I REALLY understand the line about the cows. :D
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

TMBJon @ January 11, 2009 04:17 am wrote: I think Take Me Down is one of Al's best early songs and there are definitely a lot of punchlines in it regardless of what any YouTube commenter thinks. Having driven through San Luis Obispo (and surrounding areas) I had the chance to see some of the sites Al sings about and I really think it's a nice tribute to his college town with many tongue in cheek comments laced throughout (the stores never close down until five o clock being my favorite).
I really like this song myself. I think it would be cool to go there
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
Vargas Chick
Occasional

Post by Vargas Chick »

The Madonna Inn is more than just the restrooms. It's really something to see, but I've never stayed there. All of the rooms are themed. Years ago they used to let people go inside the rooms and look at them. I don't know if they still do that. The rooms are all online at the Inn's website.
Sometimes, stuff happens.
JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Re:

Post by JohnnyLurg »

The thing wrote:Does anybody know what the tracks are on the "SLO Grown" album? I know the first one is "SLO Country U.S.A. by Black Berry Ridge Band". But what are the rest?
Side One
SLO Country U.S.A. (Smokey Anderson) by The Blackberry Ridge Band (LP jacket in error on band's name)
Send Money Daddy (Carolyn Rasch) by Carolyn Rasch, Dennis Lim, Ed Cirimele
Silver Freedom (Don Jordon) by Don Jordon, Paul Barfeis, Darcy Schermerhom, Lydell Lesperance, Bill Allen, Ismael Castello
My San Luis Obispo Home (Jay Barber) by Jay Barber
Our Central California Paradise (Just a Bit of Paradise) (Charles Lewis) by Charles Lewis
Mission Bell (Kirk Handley) by Kirk Handley, Dave Block, Spence Burton, Mark Roberts

Side Two
SLO Music (Terry Sanville and Margerite Costigan) by Connie McCabe, Terry Sanville, Dave Keif, Jim Colley, Kristy Johnson, Stephen Schoenfield
Back to SLO Town by (Buddy Rowland) by Buddy Rowland, John Foster
SLO Town Dreaming (keith Johnson and Jeff Pickett) by Mike Schoenfeld, Jim McDougal, Jeff Pickett, Josh Turner
Take Me Down (Alfred Yankovic) by "Weird Al" Yankovic, Tom Walters, Jon Iverson, Joel Miller
Randy's Castle (Spence Burton) by Spence Burton, Mark Roberts, Dave Block, Kirk Handley
Morro Bay (Mark Payne and Rick Houston) by Rototiller Deluxe
Stick Flag (Scott Boyd) by Scott Boyd

Of the other tracks, my favorites are "Send Money Daddy," "Randy's Castle," and "Morro Bay" because they all have novelty value of their own.
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn