Pac-man

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Hey weirdalrocks, I thought you'd like this video.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
weirdalrocks
Obsessed

Post by weirdalrocks »

:lol:
next posting goal:2700
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Pac-man

Post by JEDM »

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Hahaha hilarious!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffff

edit: I commented with an explanation.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Simple question: Where could I find some of these unreleased songs, like Pac-Man, Billy Joel, and Gee, I'm a Nerd?

Most people here seem to have heard them. I'm a relatively big Al fan, but never really had the means to find em. Youtube maybe?
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

A lot of us trade the mp3s around.
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

This guy on YouTube ain't no idiot. He's just misinformed. And fundamentally, he's doing the right thing by NOT attributing a parody floating around the internet to Al unless it's on one of his albums.
Interrobang
Die-hard Fan

Post by Interrobang »

HappyGilmore wrote:Simple question: Where could I find some of these unreleased songs, like Pac-Man, Billy Joel, and Gee, I'm a Nerd?

Most people here seem to have heard them. I'm a relatively big Al fan, but never really had the means to find em. Youtube maybe?
Youtube will help you find some of the more common rarities, but many you won't find anywhere on the web. I'm pretty sure the three you listed are available on Youtube, but for the real rarities, you're going to have to trade recordings with some other fans. Just start saving recordings, downloading them (hopefully legally), amass a collection, and do some trading. Or, you can go to the Dr. Demento website and download some shows (drdemento.com) that have Al rarities on them, and then use them in trading to get even more. Or, if you're lucky, you might stumble on a certain collection of rarities compiled by a certain person named Michael Lestakatt called "The Ultimate collection 2.0". If you're lucky, you might even meet some fan who gives you something to start you off.

These are all ways my collection started off.
FredHuggins wrote:This guy on YouTube ain't no idiot. He's just misinformed. And fundamentally, he's doing the right thing by NOT attributing a parody floating around the internet to Al unless it's on one of his albums.
I agree. If I had found this song a few months or so after 'discovering' Al, it's likely I might have just thought that this was another misattribution. If you ask me, that guy is smart for realizing that there's a chance a song isn't by Al because it wasn't on any of his albums. That's something that thousands of people have failed to do.
We're gonna yodel like it's 1999!

You weasel-faced dog boy!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

It's not so much that he's wrong about it but the fact that he's so damn insistent that he's right and it isn't a Weird Al song. Obviously you can't just Google a parody to confirm its status as a genuine Al song but really, if you know where to look (and I'm not even talking about underground circles), it's fairly easy to find out.