The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Elvis wrote:Bermuda posted some pictures from rehearsal. In one of them you can clearly see Al is sitting on a stool. :whoot:

Dave
Mind sharing with those of us who aren't friends with Bermuda?
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Are there any with him playing keyboard or not sitting? HAHA
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Actually, everyone was sitting on something. I think 3 different stools, a folding chair, and a drum throne. :)
8-Track Mind

Post by 8-Track Mind »

hungerfan wrote:
8-Track Mind wrote:Just got tickets for my family and I for the Santa Fe show! This will be our first Weird Al show. No polkas? :oo
For a first show this will not be a big change for you but may not be what you were expecting. I still think it will be fun and you will all have a great time. My daughter is going to see him for the first time at 8 years old. I told her it was not going to be the usual show daddy has gone to see and told her about. She did not care but I think the meet & greet I got for us to do is enough to make her really excited about it all.

Almost went for the meet and greet but couldn't afford it for three people. My daughter is 9 and she's looking forward to this as much as I am. I'm really looking forward to more accordion like in the old days. I really wish he'd release a cd or two of live stuff from the first couple of years or so. At least up to Polka Party!
hungerfan
Occasional

Post by hungerfan »

8-Track Mind wrote:Almost went for the meet and greet but couldn't afford it for three people. My daughter is 9 and she's looking forward to this as much as I am. I'm really looking forward to more accordion like in the old days. I really wish he'd release a cd or two of live stuff from the first couple of years or so. At least up to Polka Party!
My wife tried to talk me out of spending the $280 for each of us...but I really wanted to do the M&G the last time and passed due to friends going and not wanting to spend the money and I swore the next time I would do it AND take her. Good news is after I got the tickets and finished spending money at a con here in Dallas area for miniature painters I found out a client gave a site release bonus to the company for everyone involved. Needless to say it took care of the tickets and the con with some to spare. All I can say is it was meant to be!! :) :ttr:
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Just got an email to pick between 2 watch designs. Guess this means I have to add a second VIP experience.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
hungerfan
Occasional

Post by hungerfan »

No emails here yet but my show is not until April.
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

minnick27 wrote:Just got an email to pick between 2 watch designs. Guess this means I have to add a second VIP experience.
I may end up with some extra watches. If so, I'll be happy to sell you one.

I haven't gotten an email yet to choose the watch design for the VIP packages I bought in Portsmouth, NH.
I called CID, and they said they haven't received all of the VIP data from all the venues yet.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
hungerfan
Occasional

Post by hungerfan »

Got mine finally a couple days ago. Getting both designs since daughter liked the better of the two I still picked the other one for myself. :)

I realized the day of the Dallas show is 27!!! I feel like it will be a VERY SPECIAL show. First M&G and seeing him with my daughter is special enough for me.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I obviously went with the Dare To Be Stupid watch. Love that design!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!