2018 VIP Experience

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

crazygurl14
Obsessed

Re: 2018 VIP Experience

Post by crazygurl14 »

So..... He wants us to pay $300 for VIP tickets and about as much for the Squeezebox thing? Man, 2018 is going to be a good money year for him.....

I just had a baby. Not currently working. Not sure if i will be able to afford any of this. :(
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Just spring for reg tix and attend one. So double checked and I was certainly right the VIP for Canadian dates is $351 before other charges, they want to take us for all we're worth HAHAHA. Reg tix for sure.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

crazygurl14 wrote:He wants us to pay $300 for VIP tickets(
Who says he wants everyone getting VIP tickets? The fewer that do, the fewer people he has to schmooze with after the show!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

[/quote]

The meet and greet package sounds similar to last tour. The VIP upgrade is different as you need to purchase tickets separately and then do the upgrade. The party was fun, I will try to attend as many as I can No costume contest, though I think I may still dress up. I should do okay at Jeopardy! :lol: I like the wristwatch and setlist. Would love to trade some on my extra setlists (or other stuff from my collection) for other shows I'm not attending (or ones I'm attending and not doing meet and greet) if people have extras!

Dave[/quote]

If you dress up, Dave, will you still be doing what you've done before, or something new? I'm seriously thinking of dressing as Emo. With the right hair and a little make up, I bear a striking resemblance to him, and Lord knows, I can act like him, as I do so on a daily basis! :P
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

catladyleeann wrote: If you dress up, Dave, will you still be doing what you've done before, or something new? I'm seriously thinking of dressing as Emo. With the right hair and a little make up, I bear a striking resemblance to him, and Lord knows, I can act like him, as I do so on a daily basis! :P
Will you be dressed with a removable finger that squirts blood? :lol:
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Well, looks like I've been forced to buy VIP to the first Toronto show (first scheduled, now second show) since that is ALL that was available and I would not be able to make the first newly scheduled TO show, what a pain. I guess on the bright side I'm only going to two shows now and the seats are good, and I can get Al to sign something else. Wife said she doesn't care about another Al signature, not much of a collector in that sense so I'll have her get my Dare To Be Stupid record signed. Saves doing any bus waiting too so that's great however it still shouldn't come down to one having no other choice when they were online at noon ready to go and accept anything. This shall be huge fun anyway, probably much more fun because of the set! Oh yay I'll get a framed one now. They gotta fix that ticket crap for the next tour, getting reamed every time you get tickets is getting old. Having said that, I wouldn't miss it for the world...can't wait for this damn tour!! :accordion: :peace:
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

[/quote] Will you be dressed with a removable finger that squirts blood? :lol:[/quote]

I just might! I'll have to fish it out of the coleslaw first, though! :onfire:
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

I want the Weird Al wristwatch... sounds cool!! I'm not going VIP, though, so if anyone gets an extra one and wants to sell it, please keep me in mind! I assume the watches won't make it to the regular merch table.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

I've never really done this kind of thing, but I got a VIP ticket for Lexington Louisville, KY. On the Weird Al site, it said they were sold out - but on the venue ticket sales site, there were plenty of seats around rows 5-8 that were listed as VIP meet and great with the price to match. So, I'm hoping everything will be the same even though I didn't purchase through the Weird Al site. I didn't get any additional info about what time I should arrive and what to do when I get there, etc.
Last edited by ergalthema on Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
weirdalbum

Post by weirdalbum »

ergalthema wrote:I've never really done this kind of thing, but I got a VIP ticket for Lexington, KY. On the Weird Al site, it said they were sold out - but on the venue ticket sales site, there were plenty of seats around rows 5-8 that were listed as VIP meet and great with the price to match. So, I'm hoping everything will be the same even though I didn't purchase through the Weird Al site. I didn't get any additional info about what time I should arrive and what to do when I get there, etc.
You usually get a follow-up email from CID (the company that handles the VIP packages) a just few days before the show with instructions about arrival/where you go/etc. for the VIP stuff. I'll be at the Lexington show too! It's the only one that worked out in my work schedule (and was close enough).