2018 VIP Experience

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: 2018 VIP Experience

Post by Muppetboy09 »

One thing I've been curious about is the printed out setlist that you get. Will you recieve that upon arrival, or will they wait until after the show so that the set is a "surprise"? Just an interesting thought.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

weirdalbum wrote: You usually get a follow-up email from CID (the company that handles the VIP packages) a just few days before the show with instructions about arrival/where you go/etc. for the VIP stuff. I'll be at the Lexington show too! It's the only one that worked out in my work schedule (and was close enough).
I'm going to the Lexington show, but my post was wrong - I'm also going to the Louisville show and that's where I have the VIP ticket.

I noticed that some people already received something because they were talking about choosing between different watches. I still haven't received any VIP info.
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

In December, some people received an email from CID (the company that handles the VIP experience), asking for their choice of watch design and size. I received the email for one show, but not for another. I'm not sure, but I think the venues that used Ticketmaster are the ones who already got to choose the watch design. The show I didn't receive the email for did not use Ticketmaster. I called CID a month ago, and they said some venues don't give them the VIP names as quickly as others do, but we would all eventually get to choose. I think I will call them again since it's been a while.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
Patrick
Die-hard Fan

Post by Patrick »

weirdalbum wrote:
You usually get a follow-up email from CID (the company that handles the VIP packages) a just few days before the show with instructions about arrival/where you go/etc. for the VIP stuff. I'll be at the Lexington show too! It's the only one that worked out in my work schedule (and was close enough).
Is this somehow different than previous tours? I didn't go to any dates on the Mandatory Fun tour, but did on previous tours and I got a package in the mail with all of the VIP stuff. But, that tour (Alpocalypse, I think?) didn't have a specific meet & greet/early entry bonuses.
I guess what I'm getting at is those that purchased the VIP package when then went on sale, did you get a package in the mail? Although looking at the list, probably the only thing they would send you would be potentially the laminate and the wristwatch. So, maybe this is simply stuff that you pick up when you get there?
I'm not worried about not getting my stuff, just curious. I don't want to miss the Weird Al Jeopardy, I think that will be really fun.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

On the Mandatory Fun tour, you got an email from CID Entertainment with instructions on how to get your VIP package from the venue.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Patrick wrote:
weirdalbum wrote:
You usually get a follow-up email from CID (the company that handles the VIP packages) a just few days before the show with instructions about arrival/where you go/etc. for the VIP stuff. I'll be at the Lexington show too! It's the only one that worked out in my work schedule (and was close enough).
Is this somehow different than previous tours? I didn't go to any dates on the Mandatory Fun tour, but did on previous tours and I got a package in the mail with all of the VIP stuff. But, that tour (Alpocalypse, I think?) didn't have a specific meet & greet/early entry bonuses.
I guess what I'm getting at is those that purchased the VIP package when then went on sale, did you get a package in the mail? Although looking at the list, probably the only thing they would send you would be potentially the laminate and the wristwatch. So, maybe this is simply stuff that you pick up when you get there?
I'm not worried about not getting my stuff, just curious. I don't want to miss the Weird Al Jeopardy, I think that will be really fun.
You will get an email from CID Entertainment about a week before the event (sometimes even a couple days before). The email will tell you where and when the preshow VIP party will be. It's usually at a hotel or function room very close to the venue, and it usually starts about 2-3 hours before the show. You will pick up all of your VIP merchandise the day of the show, when you check in for the VIP party (nothing will be mailed to you). Usually you get everything before the party, and can carry it with you or go put it in your car. On this tour, the VIP merchandise includes a framed set list for that show. I wonder if the set list will be handed out after the show, to avoid spoilers. :think:
8/11/07 Beverly
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

I called CID today, because I still haven't received an email to choose the watch design and size, for the Portsmouth, NH, show.
The lady I spoke with said the email has not gone out yet for that venue/show, and she sent an inquiry to a coworker who is the lead person for that show. She said she will call me when she finds out.

If you are going to a different show and haven't received your email about the watch yet, you will probably get it soon.
If you want to chat with someone at CID, here is the contact info for guest services:

CID Entertainment Guest Services:
(888) 805-8930
[email protected]
8/11/07 Beverly
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

So it sounds like VIP purchased through sites other than Ticketmaster haven't received emails with info, watch selection, etc.

For those that did get a VIP email - does it tell what time the early entrance begins? If so, how long before the show time?
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

ergalthema wrote:So it sounds like VIP purchased through sites other than Ticketmaster haven't received emails with info, watch selection, etc.

For those that did get a VIP email - does it tell what time the early entrance begins? If so, how long before the show time?
The email that some people received was only about the watch. It did not mention anything about the VIP preshow party or meet and greet. VIP ticket holders will receive an email approximately one week before the show (sometimes only a few days), which will give details about the time and location of the VIP experiences. In the past, the VIP preshow party has started 2-3 hours before the concert, and that is when you check in and pick up the VIP merchandise and meet and greet passes. The preshow party is sometimes in the venue itself, if they have an available function room, and sometimes it is in a nearby hotel.
8/11/07 Beverly
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

I called CID today for the 3rd time regarding choosing the VIP exclusive Weird Al wristwatch design. I still have not received an email to choose my watch design preference for VIP tickets I bought for Portsmouth, NH, and the concert is less than 3 weeks away. <_<

The representative at CID didn't have any explanation for why I (and others) have not received the email, but he assured me that I will be able to choose when I arrive at the show. Since the NH concert is very early in the tour, they shouldn't run out of either design before that show.

If the concert you're going to is still a long time away, and you still haven't received your email, I suggest calling or emailing CID and inquiring about it. Maybe there's still time for them to get the VIP info from your venue.

CID Entertainment Guest Services:
(888) 805-8930
[email protected]
8/11/07 Beverly
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton