Performance Staples?

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

RunningWithScissors
Regular

Re: Performance Staples?

Post by RunningWithScissors »

I really hope he does UHF this tour, and that's one he really should do every night, and I could see it, I could see it being the opener of the show, or in the off chance he doesn't end the show with Yoda or Albuquerque, I could see it being the finale too.

I would be fine without Yoda, but I feel like if there's any exception to the 'no parody' rule, that would be it.

.... Unless...

Well that's an interesting thought I just had.

It would be cool if he did one parody a night, but a really old one he hasn't done in many years, like, Like A Surgeon, I Lost On Jeopardy, ect.
bizarreblair
Occasional

Post by bizarreblair »

I think they should open the show with a live version of "Fun Zone". Al could even still be brought out to this as there is no accordion and no vocal (other than some cheers, "hey"s, and exclamations). And nobody has ever seen them do "Fun Zone" live.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I think they just may! And Al would do the majority of the keyboard as he did in the 80's. Probably will most of set!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

bizarreblair wrote:I think they should open the show with a live version of "Fun Zone". Al could even still be brought out to this as there is no accordion and no vocal (other than some cheers, "hey"s, and exclamations). And nobody has ever seen them do "Fun Zone" live.
Heard from a very reliable source this was at least discussed

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

minnick27 wrote:
bizarreblair wrote:I think they should open the show with a live version of "Fun Zone". Al could even still be brought out to this as there is no accordion and no vocal (other than some cheers, "hey"s, and exclamations). And nobody has ever seen them do "Fun Zone" live.
Heard from a very reliable source this was at least discussed

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Thank God. This would make me the happiest person in the world.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Yoda is Al's signature song and should be played every night - perhaps the 1981 demo arrangement. Solo accordion.
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

richegreen wrote: I highly suspect that he is going to open each show with a straight cover (possibly a different one each night), just to mess with people expecting it to turn into parody. It's extremely common for live concerts to feature covers even with the biggest artists, and I bet they're itching to do some themselves (remember a couple tours ago when they'd do a snippet of a straight cover when asking the audience for requests?)
Love this idea...and with Jon saying in a recent audio interview that Al has been considering doing some straight covers on this tour...it's definitely possible. Plus with all the recent covers he has done recently (What is Life, Just a Girl, Refugee, etc) makes me really hope this happens.