Let Me Be Your Hog

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

So, who was caught off guard the first time they heard this? I got the album when it was first released and it was one of my first CDs EVER. So since I didn't have a whole lot of experience with CDs, I fell for the gag right away. I immediately thought to go to the store and ask for a replacement.

But then, I looked at the liner notes and saw that there were no lyrics listed for the song, so I knew it must have been intentional. I think the gag would have worked better if they included complete, phony lyrics in the liner notes. Then, everyone would really think there was a mistake on the disc and they'd run out to the stores and demand replacement copies only to find that their replacement had the exact same mistake on it! :lol:
jedimom
Addicted

Post by jedimom »

That is my all-time favorite Al song.

Seriously

Well, maybe not absolute favorite, but it is in my top 3.

And it is in the movie UHF when Uncle is floating on his raft in the pool and Mr. Big calls.
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Actually, pretty much knew about this when I bought the CD, because I saw UHF. But, it used to confuse me that when the song stopped, She Drives Like Crazy would start, and there's almost no blank space between the songs, so whenever that song would start, I thought I was still on Let Me Be Your Hog! It was only for the first couple listens, but I caught on!
2018 Tour: Rochester, Minneapolis, Fargo, Clear Lake, and Green Bay...so far...
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I didn't have a problem with the song "coming out of nowhere". I think I'd seen UHF a few times before I bought the cd, so I knew about it already. I like this song! The end always cracks me up! Especially the needle ripping across the record! :D

Patti
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I think I bought the CD before I saw the movie. I don't remember, to be honest. It was a long time ago. But in the movie, the song doesn't cut out like it does on the album. It just stops when Harvey turns the radio off.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted. I guess that's why I like to hear the ending on the cd.

Patti
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

algonacchick @ May 19 2004, 12:14 PM wrote: I like this song! The end always cracks me up! Especially the needle ripping across the record!  :D

Patti
Aw, man :lookaround: ... how many people out there now STILL REMEMBER what a needle scraping across a vinyl record sounded like? ... Vinyl's been dead for, what?, 15 years now???

**SNAP!!!**

Oh crap ... that was my hip spontaneously fracturing ... again ...
Excuse me for one moment, won't you??

Doc Decrepit
Bee bomp a chonk a donk bim bang boo !!
MarlinsGirl
Obsessed
Awards: Best Fan Artist (PhotoShopped Material)-WOWAY Awards 4.0

Post by MarlinsGirl »

Dr_Dad @ May 19 2004, 03:43 PM wrote: Aw, man :lookaround: ... how many people out there now STILL REMEMBER what a needle scraping across a vinyl record sounded like? ... Vinyl's been dead for, what?, 15 years now???

**SNAP!!!**

Oh crap ... that was my hip spontaneously fracturing ... again ...
Excuse me for one moment, won't you??

Doc Decrepit
I remember vinyl records and I'm only 28. I do remember having a record player.

Terri M.
5/19/00--First Concert-Melbourne, FL
7/5/03--Orlando, FL
4/29/04--FRONT ROW, Melbourne, FL
5/24/07--I MET AL, Melbourne, FL
7/24/10--I MET AL AGAIN, Boca Raton, FL
8/14/15--FRONT ROW, Melbourne, FL
6/4/16--FRONT ROW & MET AL, WPB, FL
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

When I bought the UHF soundtrack (I hadn't seen the movie yet...actually I didn't even know the movie existed. I bought the CD in like...3rd grade), I thought Let Me Be Your Hog was the best song on the entire album. Seriously. I loved it. It was so hilarious. Whenever I put that CD in, I always went to that song first.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

MarlinsGirl @ May 19 2004, 03:56 PM wrote: I remember vinyl records and I'm only 28. I do remember having a record player.

Terri M.
I'm only 21, and I remember vinyl fondly as well.

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Rest well, my sweet prince