I just got BAD HAIR DAY!

Moderator: Moderators

weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Well, I'm not gonna buy em all at once. I do need a new Polka Party, though. It skips on Good Enough for Now and Ground Zero a lot.

Actually, the only ones I don't need new copies of are WAY, UHF Soundtrack, RWS, and Poodle Hat. Everything else, yup...
tsk tsk

Post by tsk tsk »

Well, I did notice that the lyrics to TNSWC on Weird Al Live are different, if that's what you mean by the Extra Gory Version...

[{*tsk-tsk*}] :choon: 8) :P

ME LIKE ARMS!!!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Well, I did notice that the lyrics to TNSWC on Weird Al Live are different, if that's what you mean by the Extra Gory Version...

Yeah that's what we mean. There are actually two versions of the extra gory version, according to alsongs.com. Apparently one version is what we have on WAYLive, and the other version was done live during TWS.

So, only two versions, or did he mix things up a lot on the tour? Or was it just too much to have the elves unemployed for the Live DVD? Any of the tour chasers want to comment?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

So, only two versions, or did he mix things up a lot on the tour? Or was it just too much to have the elves unemployed for the Live DVD? Any of the tour chasers want to comment?
There's the album version (found on the album obviously), the extra gory version (found on the AP CD single), and the "sorta gory" version (performed live).

The "sorta gory" version takes some lines from the extra gory version and some from the album version.
Yes Virginia, now Santa Claus is dead
Some guy from the S.W.A.T. Team blew a hole through his head
Yes, little friend, now, that's his brains on the floor
I guess they won't have the fat guy to kick around anymore
But now, Vixen's in therapy and Donner's still nervous
And the elves all got jobs working for the postal service
And they say Mrs. Claus, she's on the phone every night
With her lawyer negotiating the movie rights

Dave
darestupid771

Post by darestupid771 »

I love Bad Hair Day. I love Phony Calls. My favorite part of it:
"Excuse Me, is there a Mike here, last name Roch." Mike Roch!, Mike Roch! Has anybody seen Mike Roch lately.

I'm hoping that I'll get Dare to Be Stupid, Weird Al Yankovic, and Poodle Hat for Christmas.
My advice for girls that have a crush on me: dare to be stupid!!
sethmartin
Regular

Post by sethmartin »

Bad Hair Day was the first Al album I ever heard. Back when it came out in 96, a friend made me a copy on a cassette tape (Yes. There were no CD-Rs to burn or MP3s to download back then.)I had never even heard of Al before. I got hooked because I liked the U2 song Hold me, thrill me, kiss me kill me at the time. But the only version of that song I had was a cassette recording from holding the tape recorder to the tv during the ending credits of Batman Forever. The Al version was much better quality.
Tokusou Sentai Blessranger
Die-hard Fan

Post by Tokusou Sentai Blessranger »

I had BHD since I was almost 14 years old. I've looked at the disc of that album and it sorta looks like my Alapalooza disc, so it's like I have two Alapalooza discs. Is there any problem with that? :think:
Dare To Be Stupid Part Two is coming!
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

There was a mix-up on the disc art for the reprint of BHD -- they used the Alapalooza art instaed of the BHD art.

So, there's three versions of the BHD disc; Colour Al, Alapalooza and B/W Al. Collect them all!
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
flusher5
Addicted

Post by flusher5 »

I just got all 3, I had 2 copies of the color one, and 3 copies of the black and white one, one of my friends bought the alapalooza one online for cheap a long time ago, and got Steve to sign it at a concert last year, and I got it from him for $10, the alapalooza one is by far the hardest to find. and it is impossible to know if you have a sealed one because everything on the outside and inside (except the disc) is exactly the same as the other volcano CD with the black and white disc.
Rice in my Laundry, Lice in my Milk.

call me "Ben" not flusher