A Complicated Song

Moderator: Moderators

Poodle_girl
Die-hard Fan

Post by Poodle_girl »

My dad really likes this song too.
C'mon, dare to be stupid. I do it all the time...
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

First off, let me say that I'm perfectly aware that nobody's posted here for years, that the half of the people on here are probably gone by now...that this may not be the right place to post this...
BUT
Lord, please answer me one question. Why is everyone so down on Poodle Hat ???
On every single individual song discussion, there is SOMEBODY--often 3 or four people--saying that they don't like this song, it's way below par, it's immature....
Well, although I am probably no longer in the minority, let me just say that I liked PH. I didn't even expect to like it. At the time I was not the rabid fan I am now. But I liked it. GiF was amazing. I don't think anyone else on the face of the earth could have done that as well as Al. I was screaming with joy the first time I heard it. No, literally. Just for the record, I do not think it was a below par ALbum. Just GiF and TD make it so amazingly awesome that all of Chuck Norris's fans would not even begin to protest its awesomeness. Pardon me, I'm sugar- and caffeine-high. I desperately need to get some sleep. And it's hard to sleep standing on this soapbox.
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I'm not really sure who you're referring to, as I haven't seen very many criticisms of PH here. To my knowledge, the vast majority of the members here loved it, myself included.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

Not PH itself, but in the posts from 2004 on each of the individual songs on PH, there were like 5 people saying that the song was below par. Check out Ebay, GiF, and ACS in particular.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, 5 people out of over 2,000 registered members hardly counts as "everybody". Yes, a few people thought ACS was a little immature, because of the first segment of it. I like the song, and I like PH as well. I'm sure there were more positives about PH than you're saying.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

algonacchick @ May 24 2006, 05:05 PM wrote: Yes, a few people thought ACS was a little immature, because of the first segment of it.
Yes... but then Al proved he could be more clever than that in the other two verses. I think he did constipated as the first one cause if he didn't, so many people would be like "Man, he missed the most obvious one!"
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

5 people out of over 2,000 registered members hardly counts as "everybody". 

"Everybody" was figurative. And I didn't say it was the same five people. Can't remember if it was, but if it was a different five for every song, that's sixty people. Besides, however overtired I was at the time, which was a lot, I do recall mentioning that it was silly and most of the people I objected to hadn't posted in years. I was just a little mad that there were enough party poopers on every single topic to bring the general tone of approval for PH down.

So, forgive me if I sound hasty and misinformed. Please?
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Ok, I'll forgive you. These might have still been first impressions. Some people didn't get PH right away. You will find that most of us do like it. Some of the songs had to grow on people. I don't think there were 60 people that didn't like PH, or thought it was below par. I certainly don't think that.

Every single forum? I'm in this one, and it's the only one of it's kind that I know of.

And yes, Dingo, you're right about the other two verses, although I thought the first one was funny, anyway.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

Thanks :) . I should have said topic. Sorry. Will change it.

BTW, I thought most of it was first impressions. I knew the topic was AGES old. But they were saying some pretty nasty stuff about the last 5 songs on PH..."worst ever parody," "I hated that", etc.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

I love this song. The second verse is my favorite. What is everyone's favorite verse?