Canadian Idiot

Moderator: Moderators

Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

I saw the AI video recently, and I noticed that you see different things in the cameras (like the heart grenade thingy).

This made me think that the things that fans do will be the things visible in the cameras view-finder.

Anyone else think this is possible?
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

You know, I was actually thinking that it might be something like that earlier today, and I hadn't even seen the video. But after reading your post, I went and watched the video.

I absolutely think this is what the fan video clips will be used for. Good cal, MT!

BTW, I'd never seen that video until just now, and I have to say that it looks like it'll be perfect, and very easy, for Al to parody. I can already see the Canadian flag and the pool of maple syrup on the floor. Although, I wonder how he'll fit in all the requisite sight gags.

Also, I wonder if Jim will be in this video. He was absent from SLN (well, not counting the walk on cameo) and "Gump" due to the bands only having three members. I'm guessing they'll do the same thing here. :( Poor Jim. Hopefully, he'll at least get another cameo.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

Mystik Tomato @ Dec 10 2006, 12:15 PM wrote: I saw the AI video recently, and I noticed that you see different things in the cameras (like the heart grenade thingy).

This made me think that the things that fans do will be the things visible in the cameras view-finder.

Anyone else think this is possible?
That would definitely be a good way to get around the difference in video quality. If the fan made clips are shown through the viewfinder, then the lesser quality will fit right in

I wonder if Al will do the flag/paint thing, that would be awesome
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
whiteandnerdy
Regular

Post by whiteandnerdy »

I have to be truthfull, I'll only like this video if Al at least makes an apperance.
I guess the whole point I'm tryin' to make here is...

I HATE SAUERKRAUT!
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Well something strange is going on. During the chat, Bermuda said he hasn't heard anything about Al doing a CI video and he didn't seem to think it was too likely.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

yeah, that was weird...surely he'd know if it was happening, or even just an idea in the pipeline
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Sounds to me from reading the chat transcript that the video will be fans only, just like the W&N video. That explains why it's only open to Canadians. I think it's just a MuchMusic promotion and they just asked Al to select the winners.
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

Sounds logical.
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Jeremy's right. I went back and read the rules on the site, and it says Al will select 5 winning clips to be shown on MuchMusic.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

Oh well. Another big-budget video at this time would be a bad idea anyway. Maybe before the tour...even then, probably not.
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.