The Hollywood Offramp

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

Eyeball Chair
Addicted

The Hollywood Offramp

Post by Eyeball Chair »

We didn't have a thread about this group, so I figured I'd make one. I've tried looking up information on them, but with no avail. I only know of 2 songs they did with AL, "Number One With A Bullet" and "American Slob (Band Demo)". According to the DMDB, there were others who worked on Number One With a Bullet:

Number One With A Bullet - by The Hollywood Offramp; co-written by Vince Sanchez (lyrics) & Al; also features George Taylor on drums, Frank Sanchez on bass, and Pete McPhereson on guitar (latter two from group Ishkabibble); recorded December, 1977 or January 1, 1978

I looked up "Frank Sanchez Bass" and found a couple results, such as this video here. Youtube is currently not working for me so I can't check it out, but here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQRdiPNIWH8

While looking up George Taylor, I found this, although I don't know if it's the George taylor who worked on the Hollywood Offramp song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnFOY9ksFBk

I came up with a few things for Pete McPhereson, such as this site about a guitarist. Not sure if it's him. http://www.petemcpherson.com/pm/about.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheLazenby
Addicted

Re: The Hollywood Offramp

Post by TheLazenby »

I think Frank Sanchez is the guy who I once requested a copy of "Number One With A Bullet" from - but of course, the roadblock came when he said he'd ask Al and get back to me.

What do you think Al said? :-P
Fr8ghtrain

Post by Fr8ghtrain »

Hello Eyeball Chair. I saw your post and I did ask Al about sending out a copy of American Slob and Al said he'd rather not have that one out in the wild. George Taylor did tell me that it did somehow leak out, but my lips are sealed. -Frank
:)
Last edited by Fr8ghtrain on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
FFTB
Fr8ghtrain

Post by Fr8ghtrain »

"Pete" McPherson's name was actually Bill. He was from Lynwood and was a huge Pete Townsend fan so we just called him "Pete". That guy on the link is someone else.
FFTB
minnick27
Off The Deep End

The Hollywood Offramp

Post by minnick27 »

I don't know why Al wouldn't want American Slob out, it's a great song! Some of those early songs were better than ones that actually ended up on the first album, in my opinion
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

minnick27 wrote:I don't know why Al wouldn't want American Slob out, it's a great song! Some of those early songs were better than ones that actually ended up on the first album, in my opinion
American Slob is one of my favorite unreleased songs. I think it should've been released, too.
Fr8ghtrain

Post by Fr8ghtrain »

minnick27, You are so right. American Slob is classic Al. I really need to learn how to read. My eyes see one thing and my brain sees something something else. Then the darn thing makes my fingers type something completely different. I was referring to Number One with a Bullet. :D
FFTB
Fr8ghtrain

Post by Fr8ghtrain »

I remember making this recording. I had a little home studio set up with a Teac 4 track recorder and a Pulsar mixing board in my parents den. The musicians were in the garage. We ran the mics through a snake from the garage into the den and had a video camera in the garage to see the players. Man, we thought we had it all covered. We had a red light to indicate "Recording and everything. My brother Vince was real good friends with Al. I was always there because of Vince from the Lynwood Days. The other players were Vince's friends from Western High School in Anaheim. I've seen posts throughout the year asking who some of the other players are and what happened to them. It has been said that most of them turned out to be a Nobody? I was just laughing about that with Vince last Sunday. I guess that there is a little Skipper Dan in us all. Eh?
FFTB
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

Fr8ghtrain wrote:I remember making this recording. I had a little home studio set up with a Teac 4 track recorder and a Pulsar mixing board in my parents den. The musicians were in the garage. We ran the mics through a snake from the garage into the den and had a video camera in the garage to see the players. Man, we thought we had it all covered. We had a red light to indicate "Recording and everything. My brother Vince was real good friends with Al. I was always there because of Vince from the Lynwood Days. The other players were Vince's friends from Western High School in Anaheim. I've seen posts throughout the year asking who some of the other players are and what happened to them. It has been said that most of them turned out to be a Nobody? I was just laughing about that with Vince last Sunday. I guess that there is a little Skipper Dan in us all. Eh?

Very interesting post, Fr8ghtrain! Pretty cool that you had everything set up the way you did. The audio quality isn't half bad on the recording but I'm thinking of remastering it in the future. How is Vince doing these days?
Fr8ghtrain

Post by Fr8ghtrain »

Vince is doing well and living in Huntington Beach He is still as clever as ever and every once in a while he writes a funny song. I'm trying to coax him to post more. Here's one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLsVgPFHpV0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FFTB