Handy

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Handy

Post by Bruce the Duck »

So, a lot of people are certain that this is the "Fancy" parody, but I am really starting to doubt it. I think "Tacky" is the "Fancy" parody and there will be no video for it. Hence, Al saying that there will be "no lead single".

I think the video with Jack Black was for "Word Crimes". It has exactly the right number of cast members in it, and it seems too rushed to have been for "Fancy".

I think there's a strong possibility that "Handy" is a parody of "Happy" by Pharrell Williams.

Think of this lyric:

"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof."

Ignoring the fact that that line makes no sense at all, I can easily see how it would fit into a "I'll Repair For You" type song.

"Call me up if you have a leak in your roof."

Okay, you need a few more syllables in there, but you get the idea of how it might fit.

Discuss.
Last edited by Bruce the Duck on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: Handy

Post by Big Spoon »

I'm pretty sure Handy is the Fancy parody.

But I definitely see where this train of thought comes from. We'll just have to see.
And Peggy
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

I just have a really hard time believing that, even without a "lead single", Al would all the way to Colorado to get Iggy's blessing on a "track 11" song. :unsure:
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Yeah, and I feel like Tacky flows better with Happy than Handy.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Yeah, I think it's absolutely possible that "Tacky" is actually the "Fancy" parody. On the other hand, I do think a song featuring someone being "Happy" about being "Tacky" is entirely possible. (Sort of an anthem for people who are proud that they are unfashionable, the same way "Fat" was about people who aren't ashamed of their weight). As someone suggested in another thread, I can ALMOST hear "Tacky" fitting better inside "Happy", and vice-versa with "Handy" inside "Fancy". Seems like it would be the opposite, but it isn't. That said, you pointing out the line about the roof in "Happy" totally boosts the chances that it could be "Handy". . . .I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT'S REAL ANYMORE!!!!

And then there's the dark horse theory that "Tacky" is actually a "Get Lucky" spoof. Gah!
Last edited by mrmeadows on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

It's Another Tattoo all over again!
And Peggy
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

mrmeadows wrote:Yeah, I think it's absolutely possible that "Tacky" is actually the "Fancy" parody. On the other hand, I do think a song featuring someone being "Happy" about being "Tacky" is entirely possible. (Sort of an anthem for people who are proud that they are unfashionable, the same way "Fat" was about people who aren't ashamed of their weight). As someone suggested in another thread, I can ALMOST hear "Tacky" fitting better inside "Happy", and vice-versa with "Handy" inside "Fancy". Seems like it would be the opposite, but it isn't.
Yeah, I hear what you're saying there. "Handy" inside of the "Happy" tune sounds clunky in my head, and "Tacky" seems to sound better.

We shall see..
NDBois
Occasional

Post by NDBois »

I feel like Tacky rolls of the tongue better when I sing it to the tune of Happy. Having the "N" and the "D" of "Handy" replace "Happy" would require Al to over-enunciate the word. And while I don't think that would be much of a problem for Al, it just seems unnecessary.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

And you people thought the titles were going to be completely predictable. :P
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Marko_The_Odd wrote:And you people thought the titles were going to be completely predictable. :P
I bet Bermuda will be laughing his ass off when he reads all this! :lol: