Mandatory Fun Chit Chat Topic

Moderator: Moderators

weird_el
Off The Deep End

Re: Mandatory Fun Timeline/Spoiler Updates

Post by weird_el »

OK so I downloaded the album on iTunes. Very nice getting it at 11pm last night. Isn't there supposed to be album artwork and lyrics included in the download? This is the first time I've ever downloaded a whole album.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Weird Al is now trending on Facebook, now for his 8 Videos 8 Days. This is GREAT publicity for him. Also, tomorrow, Foil music video made by College Humor featuring Patton Oswalt and Thomas Lennon
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Muppetboy09 wrote:Weird Al is now trending on Facebook, now for his 8 Videos 8 Days. This is GREAT publicity for him. Also, tomorrow, Foil music video made by College Humor featuring Patton Oswalt and Thomas Lennon
I don't understand, is my Facebook different somehow, as I don't see and have never seen such thing as "Trending" in Facebook :huh: ? I even opened it in IE to see how it looks like without AddBlock :unsure:
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Screenshot for posterity
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

mellow weasel wrote:
Muppetboy09 wrote:Weird Al is now trending on Facebook, now for his 8 Videos 8 Days. This is GREAT publicity for him. Also, tomorrow, Foil music video made by College Humor featuring Patton Oswalt and Thomas Lennon
I don't understand, is my Facebook different somehow, as I don't see and have never seen such thing as "Trending" in Facebook :huh: ? I even opened it in IE to see how it looks like without AddBlock :unsure:
It may be a USA-only thing?
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this is against the rules or whatever, but Al is doing an AMA right now on Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2 ... _anything/) to promote MF. I posted a comment on there that I'd REALLY like him to see, as it contains links to some of my fan videos of his songs on YouTube I've worked ever so hard on in the last year. For those of you with Reddit accounts, if you'd be so kind as to go to reddit.com/u/nachozrule and upvote my comment so Al sees it, I'd be happy as can be.

Also, while you're there, you can find /u/George-Newman and mock him online (yeah, it's a real account, and it has a post on /r/hamstergifs).
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Done. Mind upvoting my question as well? I'm /u/ElderCunningham.
And Peggy
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

Thanks, and done!

Yeah, I myself was wondering about the polka medleys. I think we can expect parodies shortly after songs go big after this album, but I'm not sure when polkas would make sense (or originals, for that matter).
aw_tanner

Post by aw_tanner »

Hi, first time poster. Hope no rules are being broken here.
I purchased the awesome new album through iTunes, but I have been having problems viewing/opening the digital booklet that came with the purchase.

I have tried the Windows 8 Reader and Adobe Reader and both say that the booklet can now be opened as it isn't a valid PDF file. I just wondered if anyone else had this issue, and if so how did they solve it?

Thanks.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Welcome to the forum! No rules broken, however you might be better posting about this in the Chit Chat topic. This is supposed to be just for updates on information about the new album.

Speaking of which, as it's out... :lockit:
And Peggy