First World Problems

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Re: First World Problems

Post by Wizzerkat »

anthontherun wrote:I don't know about you guys, but my hands are freezing!
WOWAY Mod Award Winner :wub:
Is my dude a dweeb?
terpsichore
Occasional

Post by terpsichore »

Good Enough For Now wrote:Has anyone noticed that the breakfast menu "the douche" has yanked away from him actually says "Served all day".. :unsure:
ahaha no i didn't notice that! :p funny.

and the beating up the fridge scenes where his pants are falling down...oh my. *blushing a little bit*.
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

On Dutch radio Veronica last Monday, there was a new item in a show, called 'First World Problems', where listeners could submit their first world problem. And the tune (5 seconds probably) was .. First World Problems ! And you have to know, Al is relatively unknown here, apart from his decades old hits 'Eat it' and 'Like a surgeon'. So this was quite a surprise.
I submitted, in dutch, 'my house is so big, I can't get wifi in the kitchen', but wasn't picked out. ;)
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

After a few months of listening to Mandatory Fun, this has really emerged as my favorite song on the CD.
And Peggy
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Big Spoon wrote:After a few months of listening to Mandatory Fun, this has really emerged as my favorite song on the CD.
*GASP* How dare you turn over to the dark side...you are no longer welcome over at Mission Statement Headquarters...
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Funny song and funny video. Al's take on the 1st world is spot on. It probably is my favorite original on MF.
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

I guess this reduces the chances of Al buying something he didn't really need to qualify for free shipping on amazon

http://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhr ... and-light/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

AlejandraDD wrote:I guess this reduces the chances of Al buying something he didn't really need to qualify for free shipping on amazon
Yeah but then this increases the chances again:
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/56191 ... -areas.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
stardrop
Occasional

Post by stardrop »

The video always makes me wonder why Al was in front of seemingly Japanese vending machines.
Well, I was not 100% sure if they were truly Japanese(or mock ups?) until today, but I just came across a vending machine with the same promotional image as the ones in the video.
So I can confirm they were indeed Japanese vending machines.

FYI, these machines do take 1000 yen bills, but you can't use 5000 yen and 10000 yen bills. Well, certainly they do not take American bills...
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

stardrop wrote:The video always makes me wonder why Al was in front of seemingly Japanese vending machines.
Well, I was not 100% sure if they were truly Japanese(or mock ups?) until today, but I just came across a vending machine with the same promotional image as the ones in the video.
[ http://i.imgur.com/ZDGJUu2.jpg ]
So I can confirm they were indeed Japanese vending machines.

FYI, these machines do take 1000 yen bills, but you can't use 5000 yen and 10000 yen bills. Well, certainly they do not take American bills...
I just watched the video. The promotional images are EXACTLY the same.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;