Handy

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Re: Handy

Post by algonacchick »

I just saw a tweet in Al's feed that said Handy was playing in the background during morning announcements at Bristol-Plymouth High, which is a technical school in Taunton, MA. Their football team is called the Craftsmen. Kinda cool, eh?
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
offbeatbryce
Occasional

Post by offbeatbryce »

I have permission to cover Handy and will be releasing it on iTunes etc soon.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

That's awesome, Bryce!
And Peggy
offbeatbryce
Occasional

Post by offbeatbryce »

Big Spoon wrote:That's awesome, Bryce!
Took a while to get permission because the normal license fee which is supposed to be easy to purchase was not in the official music database correctly. I had to contact Iggy's manager and all her publishers for them to fix their database LOL Crazy. In other words, Iggy responded to me over the phone and Al had to fly to Denver to talk to her to get her permission.

It also seems like upon listening to "Handy" that Al or someone might have pitched the chorus up an octave because Al hardly sings in that range live. His act he did for the Emmy's only shows him hitting a few notes in that octave and it doesn't sound as powerful live when he does. Reverb effects seem to be exaggerated (for comical effect) As well as the "Resurface Your Patio" Line where it sounds like a different voice that what Al normally uses.

I have my version sounding pretty similar to Al's with the bass line almost exact.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Congrats, Bryce!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Congrats, Bryce! That should be pretty cool.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Al literally flew to Denver just because you wanted to do a cover? I mean, all of these things (talking to Iggy over the phone, having Al fly to Denver) just to have one person do a cover? Sounds crazy! Congrats, though.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
offbeatbryce
Occasional

Post by offbeatbryce »

Muppetboy09 wrote:Al literally flew to Denver just because you wanted to do a cover? I mean, all of these things (talking to Iggy over the phone, having Al fly to Denver) just to have one person do a cover? Sounds crazy! Congrats, though.
I said that Al flew to Denver to get iggys permission for the parody because her management didn't call him back. I said that iggy talked to me to resolve the handy cover problem. Two different things.
offbeatbryce
Occasional

Post by offbeatbryce »

Does anyone else hear Al say the words "freeze" "planks" and glue it glue it"? I hear "freeze" right before he says the "still rocking my screwdriver" and then planks is right after he says "duct tape and caulking" I hear it better With my studio speakers.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I definitely hear "planks." I can't discern what he says where you hear "freeze."
And Peggy