7/18/16 - Skidmore's Holiday Bowl, Albuquerque NM

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

7/18/16 - Skidmore's Holiday Bowl, Albuquerque NM

Post by yankochick38 »

On Monday night, Al, the band, and the crew were here in Albuquerque to go bowling.

...Why? :huh:

If I'm getting the right information here, they were in Texas, then drove over here just to go bowling, then drove back to Texas. Okay. Why?? There aren't any bowling alleys in Texas?? If they were planning on coming over anyway, why did no one book a show for Al here? I know he has no control over where he gets booked, but I just, why??

I almost thought it was more like a joke thing than a real thing until my manager at Wendy's showed me some pictures his friend took with Al, since she works at that bowling alley and was there that night. Jim usually posts quite a few pix when they're in town for a show someplace, but for this he only posted a pic of the bowling alley. I guess they were literally here to go bowling.

Why???

Skidmore's is actually almost downtown (you take Coronado to Lomas coming from Rio Rancho, yuck) and also I have no idea why they would be over there since that's like by the other mall that's not Cottonwood and just, I don't know, it makes no sense to me. Did someone joke about it like hey guys let's put in "bowling alley in Albuquerque" into Google and just go over there for the night? I don't think I would have gone even if I had known they were there because that's just, no. That's creepy. But I mean come on!

I overheard my big boss manager guy John talking to my other manager Jason (half the people I work with are managers idk) about concerts in Albuquerque and I heard John say something about "yeah he was here but he didn't do a show he just went bowling, because he's got that song Albuquerque" and I leaned over the grill to them like "ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT WEIRD AL" and well anyway everyone at work knows how in love with Al I am now because I was all jumpy and giddy for the rest of the day but what story was I telling
Okay so John knew that Al had been in Texas too and went back to El Paso and even John was like why didn't he do a show here and I was like RIGHT???

I don't know. I have a theory this was done solely to make me have all these confusing feelings. :wacko: (Obviously there was an actual reason for this whole thing happening but I'd like to hear it)

There wasn't even anything like, Better Call Saul isn't filming again yet because it's not October so there wasn't that excuse to visit Breaking Bad people

Why. Why why why why why why why why why. Why? Why did they have to come to Albuquerque to bowl? Just because? Was this impulse? I d o n ' t u n d e r s t a n d

Anyway. No concert, just bowling. According to Jim, Al won the first round in "our lane," "our monitor guy, Dana won the second round" but Jim placed second with three strikes. No bus signing, but pictures were allowed. This was indeed the Fun Zone.

I'm done I can't even with this right now
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Re: 7/18/16 - Skidmore's Holiday Bowl, Albuquerque NM

Post by yankochick38 »

HE'S BACK.
AND THIS TIME
I'M MAD.

So Al posted a picture a few hours ago of him at the waiting area in the Albuquerque Sunport. Of course everyone else acts like this is some big joke like ha ha he has a song about Albuquerque let's quote it endlessly but NO THIS IS SERIOUS.

Nothing???? Is going on in town????

My best guess is he's going up to Santa Fe for Meow Wolf, because that would be perfect for his instagram. Unless he heard about how I just finished my first college semester yesterday and has come to congratulate me personally.

Or maybe he's going back to Skidmore's just to screw with me.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia