Bojack Horseman

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: Bojack Horseman

Post by Big Spoon »

So I was planning on taking my time, but I seem to be binging this. Just finished Al's episode and wow... Just wow. What an amazing half hour.

Al was fantastic in it as Captain Peanut Butter. He was exactly how I'd expect Mr. Peanut Butter's brother to be. Upbeat and cheery on the outside, but with a lot of deep, personal emotion that he tries to hide. Was great to see (hear?) some more serious acting from Al. I see on reddit some people didn't recognize him in the role, and I can definitely see why. He was just so great. He gave so much to the part. Him talking about his twisted spleen was heartbreaking. :( That may have been part of what killed my dog Banjo about two years ago, so it was especially rough.

Hoping we see more of Captain Peanut Butter, even if it's just a brief cameo during a montage like we saw with Herb and his nurse at the end of season 1, but it seems unlikely.

But aside from Al, the episode itself was A+. Granted, this entire season has been amazing, but still. So much comedy and so much drama and emotion mixed in there with it. Cannot wait to see what happens next.

"Ya gotta love a happy ending."
And Peggy
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

So if I wanted to start watching this show, can I just jump in or do I need to begin at season 1?
Love and peace.
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

You really should start at Season 1. The show isn't episodic at all.

Plus, Al's episode in particular has a lot of things that reference characters' arcs throughout the series.

But in all honesty, even if Al wasn't in an episode, I'd recommend you watch it. It's amazing.
And Peggy
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

So much for waiting one to two weeks on spoilers!!!!!!!!!!

Tbh I watched the entire season right when it came out but Al still spoiled me on which character he would be playing when I took a break.

It actually was kinda really weird for me to hear Al as Captain Peanutbutter, since he was kinda doing the "Weird Al voice" rather than just his own voice? Also I just expect any Peanutbutter to sound like Paul F Tompkins and omg I love Mr. Peanutbutter so much so I really was not expecting Al for this role. I don't know if I liked it, I'll have to watch again but idk, it didn't feel quite right to me.

As for Bojack Horseman as a show, you really REALLY cannot and should not just jump in at any episode, you would be so confused because they do such a great job at interlacing everything together and it's one of my favorite shows of all time so I definitely recommend watching because it's The Best. I feel like I liked seasons 1 and 2 more than season 3 even though they were all amazing, but season four will DEFINITELY rule. Hope Captain Peanutbutter returns!
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)

Post by Big Spoon »

I thoguht we said "two weeks no spoilers" for things outside of this thread, like avatars or signatures and stuff.
And Peggy
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

Big Spoon wrote:I thoguht we said "two weeks no spoilers" for things outside of this thread, like avatars or signatures and stuff.
Yeah that was my understanding as well, going into this thread at your own risk and all :jp:

To be honest though, cartoons like this usually kinda creep me out so I'm still not sure about watching this. :?
Love and peace.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

:think: :rolleyes:

That's not how I'd meant it, but, whatever. It's all out there now!
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)

Post by Big Spoon »

Just saw episode 10, and happy to see Captain Peanutbutter in more episodes, and that he wasn't just a one off!
Spoiler:
AND that he survived his surgery!
But damn, that episode was depressing as all get out.
And Peggy
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

I need to get watching this series! Plus it's fitting Al plays a dog considering how loveable and caring he is! ^_^
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.