The Brady Bunch

Moderator: Moderators

Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Not counting Ricky, which of course is based on 'I Love Lucy', The Brady Bunch is the first song by Al where he mentions several current television shows, followed by the classics of I Can't Watch This, Syndicated Inc., and Couch Potato.

What's interesting is that the singer doesn't like The Brady Bunch, even though that is the title of the song. Also, interesting is that The Brady Bunch isn't mentioned until almost half-way through the song. Then Al practically finishes off the song by merely singing the theme song to The Brady Bunch.

I find The Brady Bunch to be a unique song because of the things that I mentioned and interesting because of its uniqueness. It's by no means a classic, but it's a very catchy tune and I find myself enjoying it every time I hear it.
Twinkies Are Yucky
Obsessed
Awards: honor roll 2002

Post by Twinkies Are Yucky »

My second favorite song from In 3-D. (KOS being my favorite.) It's always stuck in my head. :)
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Brady Bunch rocks. Good song.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

It's probably a good party song. I don't know, because I've never played it at parties. :yay:
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

weird user @ Oct 11 2007, 03:23 AM wrote: It's probably a good party song. I don't know, because I've never played it at parties. :yay:
It should be. "The Safety Dance" is a decent enough party song, and that's what he parodied. So I guess The Brady Bunch can work in it's replacement.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

weird user @ Oct 11 2007, 03:23 AM wrote: It's probably a good party song. I don't know, because I've never played it at parties. :yay:
Well, give it a spin then.
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

I've never been a big fan of Al's TV parodies, possibly because I don't really watch TV (I think I've seen The Brady Bunch twice in my life). However, I love this song mostly because the original is a great, catchy classic 80s song.
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
CPFofAl
Die-hard Fan

Post by CPFofAl »

Loved the Safety Dance... Love The Brady Bunch.... Great job by Al.
Go hang a salami, I'm a lasgna hog!

Al Team # 27°
Muldernscully
Addicted

Re: The Brady Bunch

Post by Muldernscully »

It's still an ok song for me. I give it a 3 out of 5.
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Re: The Brady Bunch

Post by LaikaComeHome »

It's an alright song, I love Al's silly voice in it. It may not be the most lyrically outstanding of his songs, but it's pretty nice.
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.