Upcoming Song Speculation

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Upcoming Song Speculation

Post by Killingsworth »

minnick27 wrote:I already said it in the Fallon post, but now I'm thinking of it for this. Could Al have recorded a song from Hamilton that's being released Friday? Would explain a joint appearance?
I would think that if this were the case, maybe LMM would've announced it before hand and Al would've retreated it. I mean, I don't know how secretive LMM is with projects of his like this, but I think that would've been made clearer if it were true.

I agree theres' a strong possibility he recorded multiple songs, though. Perhaps Al recorded both his new single(s) and his part for a new Hamilton thing all in 5he same day.

I'm starting to think that if Al did only record something for a new Hamilton release rather than any new song he may have written, then that is one of the reasons Bermuda hasn't updated the recording dates page on the mothership.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Lin Manuel specifically didn't say who or what the track is. Al retweeting it would lead to some speculation.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Killingsworth wrote:
minnick27 wrote:I'm starting to think that if Al did only record something for a new Hamilton release rather than any new song he may have written, then that is one of the reasons Bermuda hasn't updated the recording dates page on the mothership.
Actually, I haven't been involved with updates since the site went all WordPress 3 years ago :|
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Well, you'll always be the Webmaster to us!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

New song drops Friday!

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/9 ... gr%5Etweet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Man, you beat me to it. So excited! Friday can't come soon enough! :yay:
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

YES! Finally! Can't wait!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

bermuda wrote:
Actually, I haven't been involved with updates since the site went all WordPress 3 years ago :|
Oof. X* That sounds like a big obstacle, Bermuda. =(

Well for the 14 years of my fandom experience that you have been involved with that, it was a tremendous pleasure. ^_^
We've never been entitled to any of the services you've provided let alone the sheer minutiae of fascinating trivia but..... :S
if you're empowered to continue the more archival-oriented stuff on a sister site, I know I'd bookmark it in a heartbeat. :lol:
Return of "The Bermuda Files" anyone? ;)
Yankomaniac wrote:Well, you'll always be the Webmaster to us!
Agreed! :good:
WalterWhite

Post by WalterWhite »

So, any idea of what this tweet might mean?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I was wondering about that, too. Looks like the tweet has since been deleted, so maybe it was announced too early.
And Peggy