The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

jobey

Re: The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour

Post by jobey »

ThisGuyMarty wrote:Hope this is cool to post in this thread. I think it's awesome that Al and the band are doing straight covers of songs they enjoy. I'd like to make some predictions of songs that I think they will cover during the tour.

6. Killer Queen - Queen
Long time Queen fanatic here. If I hear him do a Queen song in Lancaster, I will lose my ever-loving mind. :yay:

But not in a creepy way. ;)
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

TMBJon wrote:A dream would be "Birdhouse In Your Soul"!
I never knew I wanted anything so much as I do this

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
richegreen
Regular

Post by richegreen »

TMBJon wrote:A dream would be "Birdhouse In Your Soul"!
How about we get Everything You Know Is Wrong first?
8/23/94 5/28/96 8/3/99 2/3/00 5/11/00 5/12/00 7/7/00 10/29/00x2 11/2/00 11/3/00 11/4/00 7/25/02 7/10/03 7/18/03 9/20/07 9/3/10 5/14/15 3/1/18 3/22/18 3/23/18 7/20/19 4/26/22 5/10/22 5/13/22 10/29/22
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Frank's, You Make Me, Everything You Know Is Wrong, Hamsters...not going to be done this tour -_-
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Yankomaniac wrote:Frank's, You Make Me, Everything You Know Is Wrong, Hamsters...not going to be done this tour -_-
Why not Franks? I'm sure you know more than me, but I wouldn't have thought it would have been hard to play, since they did it a few tours ago. I want to see it really bad (missed it in 2010) but I'd live without it.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Yankomaniac wrote:Frank's, You Make Me, Everything You Know Is Wrong, Hamsters...not going to be done this tour -_-
Man, I was really pulling for Everything You Know Is Wrong. Easily in my top 10 favorite Al songs
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Oh, I believe we all were wanting that one. But that does leave something really amazing to be done in the future. Because it is certainly possible, theres no doubt there.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Probibly dreaming, but I've been wondering, this tour has been extremely well recieved by most fans, and most shows are sold out... Kinda wonder if he might do a similar tour in a few years. He could even get venues near where he played this tour and say "Well we played A C D AND F there last time, now we'll do B E G H I"

But i know I'm dreaming.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I'm hoping since there is no more album tours coming, they just play at least half the set originals and only do the essential costumed parodies. They love not having to change at all. Well the classic parody medley would have to come back of course.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

RunningWithScissors wrote: He could even get venues near where he played this tour and say "Well we played A C D AND F there last time, now we'll do B E G H I"
This is what John Flansburgh of They Might Be Giants does when coming up with setlists for each night. He reviews the setlists of the last few times they visited that city and makes sure to picks the new songs in the repertoire that haven't been played in that city recently or at all. It would be great if Al did the same thing. But first, let's hope there is indeed a second Vanity Tour. Don't forget, he apparently already has a plan for 2019.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.