2018 VIP Experience

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

RunningWithScissors
Regular

Re: 2018 VIP Experience

Post by RunningWithScissors »

TheToolMan wrote:
RunningWithScissors wrote:Didn't think it was gonna happen but, last minute, ridiculously self indulgent, ill advised decision, me and my friend just upgraded our tickets to VIP! Gonna meet him in Cleveland on the 25th! Will be my 2nd (and a half) time meeting him :D

(Did VIP on the first leg of the MF tour, second leg I waited by the bus, and got something signed, but was told not to talk to him, but as I got my item back, I said "Thanks Al!" and he said, "Thank YOU!" so... I semi count that XD)
"but was told not to talk to him"

What's that all about?
The guy in charge of the VIP that tour, that directed people (ect) and was back at the buses the other time was the biggest *cleaning tool* I've ever seen in my life. It honestly kind of soured the experience a little. Hopefully it's someone else this time.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

RunningWithScissors wrote:The guy in charge of the VIP that tour, that directed people (ect) and was back at the buses the other time was the biggest *cleaning tool* I've ever seen in my life. It honestly kind of soured the experience a little. Hopefully it's someone else this time.
If you're referring to JW, he is still there this tour.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Muppetboy09 wrote:
RunningWithScissors wrote:The guy in charge of the VIP that tour, that directed people (ect) and was back at the buses the other time was the biggest *cleaning tool* I've ever seen in my life. It honestly kind of soured the experience a little. Hopefully it's someone else this time.
If you're referring to JW, he is still there this tour.
I don't know his name, but thanks for the warning.

Was it just me? Did no one else have any issues with him? (I mean during the VIP time too)
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I remember JW and he seemed okay. Of course, by then it was very late in the tour and it must've been past the point where so many people complained that JW was forced to change and I met Al at an early show where the M&G took place before the show.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Not I. He's always been cool to me. He even commended me on my Off The Deep End shirt.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
macdaddyjill

Post by macdaddyjill »

Does anyone know if Emo Philips will be autographing items as well? Thank you!
06/11/92, 10/31/94, 10/26/96, 11/18/99, 05/16/00, 05/19/00, 05/24/07, 05/27/07, 07/21/10, 07/23/10, 10/05/11, 04/14/13, 08/11/15, 08/14,15, 06/09/16, 04/15/18 ALCON '02, Spooky Empire '16
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Not as part of Al's signing. If he was, it would just be 'cause he really had nothing better to do.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
RunningWithScissors
Regular

I feel like this is a stupid question but I'm gonna ask it anyway...

Last time I got the VIP I bought Mandatory Fun on record, even though I don't have a record player, just so he could sign it, and I framed it, and it's hanging on my wall.

This time, I want to get, probably my favorite album, signed, "Running With Scissors"

But.. is it bad to get a CD (Er, CD cover) signed? I mean, just because it's small. Would that be enough room for Al?

Thoughts?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Long as it is important to you! CD's are the easiest thing to carry. The whole band can fit there autographs on a CD.
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Yankomaniac wrote:Long as it is important to you! CD's are the easiest thing to carry. The whole band can fit there autographs on a CD.
Okay, thanks! :)