03/09/18 - Toronto, Ont, CAN - Danforth Music Hall

2018 - Now with opening act Emo Philips!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

joseyklein
Obsessed

Re: 03/09/18 - Toronto, Ont, CAN - Danforth Music Hall

Post by joseyklein »

It's all good man, just thought I'd inform you. When you view the site, it'll say how many edits there are and you can view the changes, so if there's any we can trace it back to the original post.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
ergalthema
Occasional

Post by ergalthema »

Someone on Reddit just said
FYI - Toronto's 3/9 show had 'Let me Be Your Hog' a drum solo & bass solo...
Edit: I see it's on setlist.fm now as well.
spmahn
Die-hard Fan

Post by spmahn »

Al's rendition of Wipeout from this show is awesome, he can really shred on the accordion, and John really gets to let loose and show his skills on the drums with this one too.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Just got home from a long train ride back from Toronto. What an amazing time with Al and the guys. I couldn't be happier I finally got to witness the epic Nature Trail To Hell live and assured Al it was the absolute coolest song I ever witnessed him do. The accordion, smoke, lighting and better than anything else was the sound! Again Twine Ball just sounded so smooth, like butter. Somehow was even better than on Wednesday, Jim did some extra nifty fills. We got Bob in an entirely different key, which Jim didn't realize, it was awesome and Al mentioned it after they were done, it was hilarious. Guitar tone on If That Isn't Love was awesome, really enjoyed that. Finally got to hear Airline Amy, Good Old Days and Boy That Boy Could Dance. After the show we got to see Al and get out of there quick so we could get to the other side of Toronto for Jim and Steve's show. Steve made sure they wouldn't start till we got there. Jess really wanted to hear Albuquerque and Jim told us it was planned to be pulled out but Bermuda wasn't feeling too well. Bermuda was so amazing on all the songs so nobody could tell.

Expected a much bigger turnout for their set but it was pretty late so it was cool there was only 30 or so people if that. We all got to relax, have a drink and call out tunes and Steve sent can't Wait Long out to me and Jess, he knows I love that one. Was more than a dream come true seeing Jim and Steve perform separate sets and then songs together in such a small intimate venue. They sang, they jammed, they sounded incredible. If you have a chance to catch them ever, DO NOT MISS IT. Topper to an incredible night for sure. To anyone who is a fan of WWE and remembers the attitude era, this is a funny story. We went to The Works for some burgers before Al concert and Kurgan the Giant walked in. You would have to be a big fan of WWF to remember him but the guy is seven foot tall and looks quite different after 20 years of retirement so I wasn't positive it was him, I looked him in the eyes as we were leaving and said "Hi" but didn't want to ask him because he was with young children. After Steve and Jim's show we went back to hotel and googled him and saw the current photo and it was no doubt him. Sais he was from Ontario so as huge WWE fans, on top of an insane evening with our favorite band, our minds were blown. Damn good evening all around! Can't wait for the next one!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
bizarreblair
Occasional

Post by bizarreblair »

Can anyone confirm if "Let Me Be Your Hog" was played here tonight? Setlist.fm was updated a few days ago to include it. I know those aren't always accurate. (For instance, people keep changing this set list on the site over whether or not this was the live debut of "That Boy Could Dance". While it was never a part of a regular set list, Bermuda does have it listed under "You Had To Be There". So this show was not the live debut of TBCD.)

Anyway...verdict on "Let Me Be Your Hog" anyone?

Thank you.
Hans Olo

Post by Hans Olo »

Long time lurker, longer time Al fan.
I thought I'd use my first post to confirm that "Let Me Be Your Hog" was indeed played at this show. It was played before "Airline Amy".
I can also confirm that Al introduced "That Boy Could Dance" by saying he thought it would be the first time it was ever played live. He asked Bermuda for confirmation and he agreed that it would be the first time.
bizarreblair
Occasional

Post by bizarreblair »

Hans Olo wrote:Long time lurker, longer time Al fan.
I thought I'd use my first post to confirm that "Let Me Be Your Hog" was indeed played at this show. It was played before "Airline Amy".
I can also confirm that Al introduced "That Boy Could Dance" by saying he thought it would be the first time it was ever played live. He asked Bermuda for confirmation and he agreed that it would be the first time.
Interesting...Thanks so much for the confirmation! Given the indecisiveness of the exchange on stage, along with the thoroughness that went in to Bermuda creating the Set List page on the website, I will stick to my position that "That Boy Could Dance" was not debuted at this show. I mean, I've asked Al about songs years after they worked on them, and he has denied any memory of even the concept (the U2 polka) even though they have been confirmed by Bermuda (first at ALCON '98, and later on these boards). I don't know, it's a tough call since it was never part of any set list, but "Mr. Frump" is in the same category. Thanks, Hans.
richegreen
Regular

Post by richegreen »

Mr Frump was performed in the CalPoly coffeehouse days. There's even a recording of it on YouTube. I believe it also got played at the RWS Albuquerque show as one of the teaser songs.

Most likely That Boy Could Dance was played at an early In 3D concert and it didn't get a good reaction and got dropped from the tour early on. Even the band didn't remember playing it!
8/23/94 5/28/96 8/3/99 2/3/00 5/11/00 5/12/00 7/7/00 10/29/00x2 11/2/00 11/3/00 11/4/00 7/25/02 7/10/03 7/18/03 9/20/07 9/3/10 5/14/15 3/1/18 3/22/18 3/23/18 7/20/19 4/26/22 5/10/22 5/13/22 10/29/22
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Apparently, a full length audio only recording this show had made its way on to YouTube. Obviously, I'm not going to post any link to a full length bootleg here. However, if you have your doubts about the accuracy of the setlist.fm page as some do, I would encourage you to seek this out for yourself.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

They are generally accurate, I have used the site for about a decade now. However, there are a lot of people who post and make edits to shows they didn't go to, and that is a nuisance. It is like, get a life. Hog was done and yeah Al definitely said it was the debut but again only silly boobs like the guys who run the site (whom I know) would argue when they just don't know anything about the band or music or even go to the shows. They can be extremely annoying, especially with a tour like this so it is BEST to get a fans confirmation! Generally, the sets are trusted to be right.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!