Washington Post Interview

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Wow. What an inspired way to have an interview. By listening to songs Al likes and getting into his head about why.

That is the closest thing to a perfect interview with him that I have seen yet.

Just wonderful. Thanks Anth and El. You guys made my day.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

That Washington Post one is absolutely amazing! That has to be one of the most wonderful interviews I've ever read. :)

The meanstreet one is very amusing at some parts. :)

QUOTE What about the hiker who got trapped under a boulder and cut his own arm off? Would you be able to do that?

I could have probably cut his arm off for him, sure. Just give me a butter knife and enough time and I’ll make it happen.

-CindyBob
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

QUOTE Yankovic would later buy [My Balogna] back for double that sum so that he could put it on his fourth album.

Who knew My Balogna was on Polka Party?
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

QUOTE QUOTE Yankovic would later buy [My Balogna] back for double that sum so that he could put it on his fourth album.

Who knew My Balogna was on Polka Party?

Yeah, I was sort of wondering about that. How did they screw that one up? That was a great interview. It's great when we get to see Al's emotional side, and it's also very rare. I've listened to that Ben Folds song "The Luckiest", and I can see why Al gets so emotional over it. It's a powerful song.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Wow. If not for the subtle inaccuracy and the all-too-frequent use of terms such as moronic and idiotic, that Washington post article would be the epitome of sheer journalistic perfection.
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

I think the Washington Post was the best interview I read because it was well written.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I think so too, Manda. I think Al must have been pleased that the interviewer cared enough to ask some intelligent questions.

I think I learned more about Al in that interview than in any of the usual "so what's the deal with Coolio" ones. I think the author should be on the short list of names considered for writing that biography.
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

I think so too, I think its cool that hes not embarrassed about being emotional over a song. I learned a lot more about him too. And I admire him for not being embarrassed that takes a lot. :)
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

The part about apologizing to Nina daily made me a little sad though. Yeah, I know it was supposed to be funny, but I hope there's not even a little smidgen of truth in it.

Al has nothing to be ashamed of in front of his daughter. Ever. It's not like he's the Tidy Bowl Man for a living or anything.

With apologies to the Tidy Bowl Man and his family. It was just the first example that sprang to mind.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

But Nina will still probably get teased for being Al's daughter.