L.A.

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Ash
Occasional

L.A.

Post by Ash »

What made you decide to move to Los Angeles?
I slice lemons at weirdnesscentral.net
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

This is where my parents moved when I was 12.

You should probably ask why I stay in Los Angeles. I know I ask myself that all the time!
Ash
Occasional

Post by Ash »

You should probably ask why I stay in Los Angeles. I know I ask myself that all the time!

Okay, why do you stay?
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I don't know. Someday I'll leave.

And no, I don't know where I'd move to!
whatmepolka
Occasional

Post by whatmepolka »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO!

Thanks, Jon!

:lol:
Ash
Occasional

Post by Ash »

I don't know. Someday I'll leave.

And no, I don't know where I'd move to!

What don't you like about it?
Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

If you're ever gonna leave L.A. (ie giant earthquake makes California fall into the Pacific Ocean, etc.), you should give some consideration to the borough of Pompton Lakes, New Jersey

http::/www.pomptonlakes.org
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

Amen to getting out of this city one of these days! LA is a very strange place. The wealth/poverty disparities are as big as I've ever seen [although probably Manhattan is similar]. The traffic for those of us who do daily commutes can be a nightmare, the housing is absurdly expensive and the city is spread out all over the place [Sepulveda Blvd., of "Pico and Sepulveda" fame, is about 52 miles end to end and it's in LA at both ends]. It all gets to you after a while. I have an academic appointment at USC, hence I'm probably not going to be moving anytime soon. If anyone's looking for a more pleasant southern California place to live, though, consider San Diego or Ventura [or Pasadena so long as you don't have to commute to work in LA].

Contrary to popular opinion, the earthquakes, [even the Northridge one in 1994], aren't that horribly worrisome so long as you make sure that you live in a post-1972 building [the codes became very strict around then] and you secure any tall heavy furniture to studs on the walls so it won't tip over on you. In contrast, tornados scared the bejeesus out of me when I lived in Ohio.

I do appreciate the proximity to great cultural events such as the Orange County Fair, of course. :wink:

Cheers, Diva

Unrepentant Connecticut Yankee
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

Amen to getting out of this city one of these days! LA is a very strange place. The wealth/poverty disparities are as big as I've ever seen [although probably Manhattan is similar]. The traffic for those of us who do daily commutes can be a nightmare, the housing is absurdly expensive and the city is spread out all over the place [Sepulveda Blvd., of "Pico and Sepulveda" fame, is about 52 miles end to end and it's in LA at both ends]. It all gets to you after a while. I have an academic appointment at USC, hence I'm probably not going to be moving anytime soon. If anyone's looking for a more pleasant southern California place to live, though, consider San Diego or Ventura [or Pasadena so long as you don't have to commute to work in LA].

Contrary to popular opinion, the earthquakes, [even the Northridge one in 1994], aren't that horribly worrisome so long as you make sure that you live in a post-1972 building [the codes became very strict around then] and you secure any tall heavy furniture to studs on the walls so it won't tip over on you. In contrast, tornados scared the bejeesus out of me when I lived in Ohio.

I do appreciate the proximity to great cultural events such as the Orange County Fair, of course. :wink:

Cheers, Diva

Unrepentant Connecticut Yankee
Cat_Barf
Occasional

Post by Cat_Barf »

I went to L.A. during our spring break for a choir competition and I thoght there was too many people. Too many cars, too much noise and too much pollution. I didn't even see any celebrities. The Red Robin was good. I do admit that my perspective is from living in a Northern Nevada town with a max of 35,000 people. And I don't like the fact that it takes an hour and a half to travel fifteen miles. I like the people level where I live.
Signed,

Cat Barf