Fame

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Fame

Post by minnick27 »

Obviously you are not the main guy, but you are definitely the second most recognizable guy on the stage. Do you ever get recognized outside of a show? Like at the grocery store or on vacations?

Also, during your career with Al, have you ever thought "it can never get bigger than this"? Like when you did the Tomorrow show, the first headlining tour or anything like that?
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: Fame

Post by minnick27 »

Figured this may have been missed so Ill bump it
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
bermuda
Be jealous.

Re: Fame

Post by bermuda »

I'm recognized by fans near a venue before or after a show, and by drummers and in music stores fairly regularly. But in other contexts, it's pretty rare. Maybe it's happened two or three times... ever. :)

Every now and then we realize that things have come pretty far, and I've yet to see signs of leveling off. The internet has heralded new types of exposure, and that's certainly helped keep the momentum going. I don't think it's ever a question of getting bigger though, it's a great ride and if nothing changed, that would be fine with me!

Bermuda