UHF Soundtrack

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Ash
Occasional

Post by Ash »

With the re-realese of UHf, will the soundtrack come out again? Ive really been missing "Isle Thing". Also, any chance of UHF on VHS in future years?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

The soundtrack is not out of print. Any music store can order it for you if they don't have it in stock already. Check in the Soundtracks section under "U" or "UHF" as it's usually there rather than with the rest of the Al stuff.

David
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

On 2002-01-04 16:22, Elvis wrote:
Check in the Soundtracks section under "U" or "UHF"

Or, if you go to the Camelot Music (or FYE, or whatever it's called this month) near me, it's under "V" for "VHF." They even printed the divider card to read that.
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

The FYE store where I live has a comedy section. That's where my fiance found the UHF soundtrack. (She bought it for me for my 27th birthday.)

harold
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Catra is correct on the availability, and there's no new music anyway. But as long as I'm here, I'll add that UHF is NOT scheduled for re-release on VHS.

Bermuda
undone
Occasional

Post by undone »

DVD players are almost as cheap as VHS players now... and I haven't missed my tapes. Now all I need is to get a DVR and a DVD-R drive... and go straight to MPEGs and not bother with videotape :smile:

The Al DVDs have great quality, (well, except for a small hang glitch at the end of one of the chapters of the WAY Live concert....but I'll overlook it... as its an encoding problem)

Take the plunge and buy a DVD player!
WeIrDpSx09

Post by WeIrDpSx09 »

Just in case anybody dosent know, DVDs can be played on the Playstation 2 Game Console. Umm.....I'll shut up now
Darth_Jen

Post by Darth_Jen »

On 2002-01-06 02:16, undone wrote:

The Al DVDs have great quality, (well, except for a small hang glitch at the end of one of the chapters of the WAY Live concert....but I'll overlook it... as its an encoding problem)

Really? All this time I thought it was where the DVD was switching from layer 1 to layer 2- Go figure. :smile:

Jen
undone
Occasional

Post by undone »

Really? All this time I thought it was where the DVD was switching from layer 1 to layer 2- Go figure. :smile:

Jen

--which brings forth an arcane discussion--

This, (and the X-Files Season 3 set) are the only DVDs that I have even noticed the layer 0 to layer 1 change- I've been lucky with my DVD player(Sony DVP-S560-D)/disc compatibility, I suppose! However, if a DVD-9 can hold approximately 120 minutes of video on one layer, why am I seeing a layer change halfway through a 90 minute concert? I haven't looked for any info on the authoring/compression- but it seems that the supplemental materials could have been on a separate layer, thus avoiding a layer change where it *would* be noticeable.

<sally>

sort-of on topic