Live Album

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Ash
Occasional

Post by Ash »

Is Al ever going to do a live album? (yes, I know the Ask Al answer, but I was hoping for a serious one)
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

That's been asked & answered at weirdal.com in "Ask Al", but I'll review it for you here.

Basically, a live "audio" album isn't very exciting - the songs are arranged and performed essentially the same as the album versions, and the thing that makes a live concert exciting are the visuals: costume changes, choreagraphy, videos, Al playing to the audience... none of which can be conveyed on an audio release.

What makes the "LIVE!" video exciting, is that it captures much of that visual excitement. If you really want a live audio CD, play the DVD or VHS, and don't look at the picture!

Bermuda
insoft
Occasional

Post by insoft »

I totally agree with bermuda. Btw, you can link up your dvd player to your stereo, yeah, better then cd :razz:
Ash
Occasional

Post by Ash »

Okay, just wondering.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

i duuno, the visuals are exciting, but i recorded the live video and put it on cd, and it is great to listen to in the car. it seems like you are at the show, and listening to it before a show would probably get you more pumped!
Accordion Kid
Occasional

Post by Accordion Kid »

it probably would get you pumped, a way to get around it if you have a cd burner would be to find unreleased al material online (even though that's kinda bad) i've got all my unreleased & concert recordings on a cd