Just Wondering

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

DraculaInVegas

Post by DraculaInVegas »

Ok,

I was really bord one day, and I went on to imdb.com and I typed in Weird Al Yankovic just for fun, and when they gave me a list of what he has done I was suprized by something. Is al in the midle of doing a TV movie for the USA network because right on the top of what he has done it reads

Haunted Lighthouse (2002)

... aka Haunted Lighthouse (2002) (USA)

... aka R.L. Stein's Haunted Lighthouse (2002) (USA: complete title)

and then stuff I have known that he has done. What is up with this? Just Wondering because I have heard nothing of it.

Reagan :0 :eek:
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Sounds vaguely familiar, but there are a few "almost happened" things and it's hard to keep them straight. If there's any news from Al about it though, I'll post it at weirdal.com

As for imdb, keep in mind that their information isn't 100% accurate. Among other things, they list me as having directed a film or two!

Bermuda
Ash
Occasional

Post by Ash »

On 2002-01-14 01:31, bermuda wrote:
As for imdb, keep in mind that their information isn't 100% accurate. Among other things, they list me as having directed a film or two!

Bermuda

There are 2 "Jon Schwart"s on imdb. It's pretty clear witch is you and witch is the other. And everything about you is accurate!
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

It's apparantly not that clear to visitors there... I have been asked at least a dozen times about this other movie I directed that I never seem to mention!

There have been some other "facts", not necessarily Al-related, that weren't accurate on the site however. But with the amount of movies and related information, I'm surprised they're as accurate and complete as they are.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

There have been some other "facts", not necessarily Al-related, that weren't accurate on the site however.

IMDB takes submissions from fans, but it does try to verify everything it can before it posts it. But since anybody can sign up to provide information, every once in a while something wrong gets up there by accident, or on purpose. But, if you see something you know is wrong, you can sign up and ask them to fix it, so it works both ways.

I think the IMDB does so well because of the contributions it gets from fans. Fans can provide great insight on things and are usually good at making sure their favorite movies and celebrities have up to date and have accurate information.

Your best bet is that if you see something that doesn't sound right, try to verify it another way before you accept it as fact.

Jon, I asked IMDB to correct that erroneous director credit a while ago, and they did. They split the entry and you are now listed as "Jon Schwartz (I)"

I just checked and there's still one minor mistake... I'll see if I can get them to fix it before anyone notices...

David
subman

Post by subman »

Here is a link to a page which sort of talks about that haunted lighthouse movie which was mentioned earlier. http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=9561

Basically it's going to be a 3-d film for SeaWorld and/or Busch Gardens and they list Al as a cameo.

--Matt
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Oh... THAT. Yes, that's true, but I don't think it has been released yet. Normally, I don't talk about things that are supposed to happen until they're confirmed. There's a bunch of "almost-happened" things throughout Al's career. They'll probably get mentioned if one of us writes a book.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Too cool! Thanks for the info!

Patti