Cake Video clip

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

There are a few short clips of Al listening and reacting to the song. Someone had said that there are different versions of the video, but I don't know if that's true. But if that is the case, it's possible you saw a version without Al.

Or, you may simply have missed his bits. As always with cameos... don't blink or you'll miss it!!
Scrivel
Occasional

Post by Scrivel »

I've seen three versions of that video--one filmed in New York, one in California and one in Mexico--but I must have blinked, because I didn't catch Al in any of them.

Somebody told me that he's in the Mexico City version, but obviously I can't swear to it.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

There are a few enhanced CD singles and other stuff from Cake on eBay that claim to have the video on it, but I don't know which version(s) they include. Does anyone know if the version with Al in it has been released commercially? And if so, where?

Thanks!

David
undone
Occasional

Post by undone »

On 2002-01-29 20:18, Elvis wrote:
There are a few enhanced CD singles and other stuff from Cake on eBay that claim to have the video on it, but I don't know which version(s) they include.
David

Dave, I've been looking for this video for some time. I've seen all three versions of the video (LA/NYC/Mexico) and no Al. I've even asked around on the Cake forums. No dice. Gotta love the "Naked Cowboy" from the NYC version, though. heh heh.

Sally
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Dave, I've been looking for this video for some time. I've seen all three versions of the video (LA/NYC/Mexico) and no Al. I've even asked around on the Cake forums. No dice.
Thanks Sally. I figured so much. I'm gonna take the video off my search list until someone can come up with more concrete info on it. It's probably one of those things like the Green Jelly "Anthem" video where Al's supposedly in it, but not on any of the commercial releases I've seen. (I've given up searching for the that one too, but if anyone knows of one where Al can be seen, please let me know!)
Gotta love the "Naked Cowboy" from the NYC version, though. heh heh.

I've never seen the video to which you refer, but you know, it's kinda scary that you mentioned him. I don't know if it's the same guy, but one time when my girlfriend and few friends and I were walking up Broadway near Times Square, despite the chilly weather, there was a muscular guy wearing only a cowboy hat and white underwear just hanging out on the street drinking some beverage which he was obviously supposed to be promoting. His underwear had "Naked Cowboy" stenciled over the elastic part.

You get used seeing weird stuff in The City, but some things are just freaking weird.

David
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Heh, yeah, that's the guy! I saw the New York video, too. I've only seen two versions.

Patti