Official Webring

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Ash
Occasional

Post by Ash »

Have you ever thought of making an "official" weird al webring?

Just another random thought,

Ash
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Yes, and I rejected it because I cannot control where a visitor to weirdal.com might randomly end up as a result of other people's submissions. Besides, I have a TON of handpicked links to the coolest Al sites, which I can immediately update as necessary. Why would I want a webring?
Ash
Occasional

Post by Ash »

On 2002-02-11 07:08, bermuda wrote:
Why would I want a webring?
Cool banners (not saying the current ones aren't).
Alapeleke
Occasional

Post by Alapeleke »

-.-;;;.....
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Banners - you mean, more images? No thanks!

Web sites do not need extraneous images to be cool, and they only slow down the loading time. With the exception of the opening index, have you noticed how fast weirdal.com is compared to most other sites?

Well, that's how I intend to keep it!
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

I agree, Jon. One of the things I"ve always enjoyed about Weirdal.com is that I don't have to wait forever and a day for some silly little flash animation to load that realy does nothing to enhance the site. I can only connect at a snails pace (MAYBE 21400 on a good day if the sun is shining) so I REALY appreciate the speed of your site :smile:

harold
Ash
Occasional

Post by Ash »

Yes, I did notice, and I'm very pleased with it. It was just a random thought anyway.
Smegabyte
Occasional

Post by Smegabyte »

"I agree, Jon. One of the things I"ve always enjoyed about Weirdal.com is that I don't have to wait forever and a day for some silly little flash animation to load that realy does nothing to enhance the site."

Definitely cool. :grin:

When I'm not up at school with my cable modem (oh, how I LOVE the cable modem) I'm stuck with my modem from the dawn of time. Most websites with any form of moving graphic either refuse to load, or they cause my computer to be shut down and restarted.

That's why I love weirdal.com. It's one of the few sites nowadays that I can see all of on my ancient system. (Not to mention the fact that everything's clearly laid out and you don't have to search for half an hour to find what you want to see...)

Smegabyte
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

On 2002-02-14 04:53, Smegabyte wrote:
"I agree, Jon. One of the things I"ve always enjoyed about Weirdal.com is that I don't have to wait forever and a day for some silly little flash animation to load that realy does nothing to enhance the site."

Definitely cool. :grin:

When I'm not up at school with my cable modem (oh, how I LOVE the cable modem) I'm stuck with my modem from the dawn of time. Most websites with any form of moving graphic either refuse to load, or they cause my computer to be shut down and restarted.

That's why I love weirdal.com. It's one of the few sites nowadays that I can see all of on my ancient system. (Not to mention the fact that everything's clearly laid out and you don't have to search for half an hour to find what you want to see...)

Smegabyte

well if you ever needed a commercial for weirdal.com, this one sure is it :smile: