Original Songs on the New Album

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

What genres/styles of music are Al planning to do on his next album as far as the original songs are concerned?
Alapeleke
Occasional

Post by Alapeleke »

...you'll know when it happens...
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

We never disclose those things so far in advance, sorry. At this point, we haven't begun to record, and there's no indication when we'll finish the album. Everyone just has to wait until the release, or the possibility that we would play some new songs at the shows in July.
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

Personally I do my best to NOT know what's on the new ALbum. It just seems that the jokes wouldn't be as funny if you already knew about them.

harold
Cartunedude
Occasional

Post by Cartunedude »

On 2002-02-16 01:11, haroldwaide wrote:
Personally I do my best to NOT know what's on the new ALbum. It just seems that the jokes wouldn't be as funny if you already knew about them.

harold

Agreed. I like to be surprised when the new album comes out. I mean, sure, I'm curious as to what will be on, as I'm sure we all are, but knowing everything about the new album well before it comes out kinda takes away the fun of waiting for it.

I'm sure whatever will be on there will be well worth it. :smile:

C-type
Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

Well at least I know from a reply to one of my earlier questions that none of the originals will be a bluegrass tune...