still recording?

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

still recording?

Post by minnick27 »

hey bermuda, i know that you met al b/c you had sent in songs to dr demento and he had you both in the same day, but i was wondering if you still did songs of your own, and did you ever think of doing your own album?

thanks!

mike
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Nah, haven't done any personal projects since the 73-75 era. To be clear, I didn't write the songs I sent to Dr. Demento, so I wasn't exactly doing what guys like Al did. But I was recognized for being one of the first few people to make home-made recordings and get them played on the show!

I've never had any other desire to do my own album though. I'm happy to be part of Al's career, and to let him deal with promotion, record labels, attornies, critics, etc.

Bermuda
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

who did write the songs? were you in a band or what?
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I don't know who wrote "Mr. Ghost Goes To Town", "Pico & Sepulveda" is probably easy enough to track down, and "The Ballad Of Woodsy Owl" was written by Marion something or other. That probably doesn't help, sorry.

I was in & out of bands at the time, but some of my regular musician friends worked on those recordings. The only one who became publicly well-known was sax player Richard Elliot, who I went to school with.

Bermuda