weirdal.com

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Bob

weirdal.com

Post by Bob »

Does Al give any input as to what goes on weirdal.com (ok'ing pictures, websites, links, etc.) or is it all up to you?

Thanks!

Bob
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

He obviously gives me much of the news that gets posted, but I have always chosen the pictures and links, and I've always been the keeper of the "facts" such as tour & recording dates, etc.

He and I did sit down and work out the layout and color scheme of the present site, so if anyone doesn't like it, they'll just have to accept that it's Al-approved.

Bermuda
Ash
Occasional

Post by Ash »

if anyone doesn't like it, they'll just have to accept that it's Al-approved.

I love it, personally. I hate the way other artists pages (red hot chili peppers, smashmouth) have flash pages that take hours to load. Thanks for the great job!
I slice lemons at weirdnesscentral.net
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I just haven't found a need for Flash, rollovers, or tons of animated gifs or Javascript that don't actually add anything to the site. I can do Flash, and might add something if Al absolutely wants it, but it would be kept simple and as small as possible - no 300k files for me!
Ash
Occasional

Post by Ash »

I just haven't found a need for Flash, rollovers, or tons of animated gifs or Javascript that don't actually add anything to the site. I can do Flash, and might add something if Al absolutely wants it, but it would be kept simple and as small as possible - no 300k files for me!

Yeah, flash is pretty cool, but it can be a pain when people get carried away.
I slice lemons at weirdnesscentral.net