T-Shirt question

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

whatmepolka
Occasional

Post by whatmepolka »

Yeah? What size is it? LOL

I don't know how I'll ever get my hands on one. Can you check it for Oct. 1, 1999 in Stockton, California? Also, the Santa Clara, California show? (summer 2000) or Fresno in October of 2000. I'm just curious. I know you'd never part with any of your Al stuff. (...and do I blame you?) Naaaaaaa

Nice to see you here Miss Mayonaise! :razz:
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Wel,, Kim, the one with the Fall '99 dates is a medium. I don't have an RWS tee with October 2000 on it. :smile: But you can't have it! :razz: (Berm signed it) Sorry I can't be more help.

Patti Mayonnaise

*to Kim anyway*
whatmepolka
Occasional

Post by whatmepolka »

Argh! Nope! Believe it or not, the Fresno show was October 30th! Missed it by one day!

My Al shows were:

10-01-99

7-30-00 .....oh, wait! Duh! Iwas mistaken..... The Great America show was the 30th.....My "Big Fesno Fair" show was 10-11-00. (That was the disaster show you heard so much about, Patti)

Never have the words, "Alls well that ends well", been more true!

*sigh*

WE WANT AL! WE WANT AL! WE WANT AL!

Yeahhhhhh! Can you feel it, baby?!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I don't know for sure that every show was represented, but most appeared on one or more shirts (they overlapped a little at times.)

Assuming there were shirts for the Texas leg of the tour, the only leg of the tour I didn't get a shirt from, then I believe all the dates were covered. Like you said, there was A LOT of overlapping of dates so chances are most dates were covered more than once. If anyone wants to know what shirt a concert falls onto, let me know and I'll check.

David
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

question for Elvis (or anyone who can answer)..

I went to both Morristown, NJ shows and the tickets (from the box office) for both shows spelled Al's name wrong (Yancovic and Yancovich). I heard that the tour t-shirt featuring the Morristown date spelled Morristown wrong -- is it true? If it is, it's poetic justice.
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I don't know if there's a misspelling, but those shirts would have been made prior to the Morristown date, and shirts made afterthat would have had newer dates on them, so there could be no retribution. We normally don't see the tickets anyway, and certainly not in advance of the day we play. We would never bite the town that feeds us.

They weren't the first venue to misspell Al's name... they won't be the last.

Bermuda
Alison
Occasional

Post by Alison »

Hi! I have YET another tee shirt question. Just before our Lowell, Mass. concert last Nov. I ordered a few more tees for the family (from weirdal.com). One of my two RWS (grey)tees came "bare-back".....NO tour dates! My #2 son was sure we had a RARE find and plans to finance his college education flashed before his eyes! I was able to contact customer service and they did offer a replacement but sent the TWS(white)tee instead. I placed a final order during the winter sale and much to my surprise received a SECOND "bare-back" tee shirt! So I now own TWO grey RWS tees with NO tour dates on the back! How many of you received these? Is my sons college education secure or do I gotta keep working? Just curious. ~Ali(son)

[ This Message was edited by: Ali&son(s) on 2001-11-11 07:51 ]
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I'm not aware of any RWS shirts that don't have dates on the back, except the Pentiums shirt which has the Weirdal Inside logo. You may have come across some rare ones, but I doubt they'd finance more than a book or two at the college level!

Bermuda
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

In response to El's question, yes, Morristown is spelled wrong on the Summer - Fall 2000 TWS tee. It is spelled Morisstown. (I have that tee)

Patti
Laurie29

Post by Laurie29 »

On 2001-11-12 11:59, algonacchick wrote:
In response to El's question, yes, Morristown is spelled wrong on the Summer - Fall 2000 TWS tee. It is spelled Morisstown. (I have that tee)
Patti

Hee hee! On my Summer 1999 TWS shirt, the location of my very first Al concert (on 8/5/1999) is listed as "West Warwick" when in fact the show was held at the late, great *Warwick* Musical Theater in my fabulous home town of Warwick, RI! I think the folks is West Warwick were jealous and slipped somebody at the t-shirt printer's a $20 :wink:

Slightly OT, for anyone who remembers the WMT and hasn't been to Warwick lately, the WMT building is still standing but has "Lowe's" listed as the "Coming Soon" attraction on the marquee... :sad:

- Laurie :smile:

still sad that both of the RI venues where Al has played in the past have closed :sad: