Profits (Royalties)

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Ash
Occasional

Post by Ash »

How much does the band get paid compared to Al?

[ This Message was edited by: Ash on 2001-12-25 03:02 ]
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I don't discuss money, but we all drive nice cars if that's what you wanted to know!

Bermuda
undone
Occasional

Post by undone »

Jumping in here and talking cars- Ash, the Z3 that you're wondering about retails for not more than $37K. I know soccer moms that drive around SUVs that cost more than that! (i.e. Cadillac Escalade) Its still a cool ride, but not as spiffy as the Porsche Boxster...

I would expect questions about money to be off-limits, wouldn't you?
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

Income, like religion and politics, is one of those 'impolite' topics. I wouldn't want to put all financial topics off-limits here, though. Al has done some interviews [e.g. a radio interview with the Motley Fools in 1999] that have revealed really interesting facets of the economics of being a performer, such as funding of videos, the relationships with one's record label, etc. Also, although these topics might be OT for this forum, the relationships performers have with the instruments, products, etc. that they endorse are fascinating. I know that Steve and Bermuda have endorsement agreements but don't know about Al.

Cheers, Diva

number geek at heart
catanddogdoctor
Die-hard Fan

Post by catanddogdoctor »

On 2001-12-21 13:27, undone wrote:
Jumping in here and talking cars- Ash, the Z3 that you're wondering about retails for not more than $37K. I know soccer moms that drive around SUVs that cost more than that! (i.e. Cadillac Escalade) Its still a cool ride, but not as spiffy as the Porsche Boxster...
I would expect questions about money to be off-limits, wouldn't you?

Well, I don't know which kind of Z3 Al actually drives but a loaded 2002 2.5L retails for about $36,920, a loaded Z3 3.0L

retails for about $42,645 according to the BMW website. Not trying to be a smart a** just got curious and virtually built one to see how expensive they could be. I saw a used limited edition BMW (from the early 80's IIRC)sports car for sale for $75,000 <yikes!>. And the M-class roadster and the Z8 <which I am not sure is still being manufactured> are way more expensive than the

Z3. It is a really neat car, but not the most expensive car BMW makes. Ok, I went off topic, I will shut up now :smile:.

Maria