UHF script

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Ash
Occasional

Post by Ash »

Take a look at this link to the UHF script (unverified):

Tulsa TV

. Now, as Im looking at it, I see a TON of scenes that weren't in it when I saw it. Is this guy just nuts or am I? Also, in UHF when George gets confronted by the thugs and he says something like "red ram red ram" ad moves his finger. What's that?

[ This Message was edited by: Ash on 2002-01-15 02:39 ]
Alapeleke
Occasional

Post by Alapeleke »

"Red rum red rum".. It's from the shining Murder backwards I'm not sure about the finger thing.. I think it's funny though
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

You probably have seen an early version of the script, which indeed had a number of scenes cut from the final version. Some were cut immediately, some were shot and then deleted.

Will those deleted scenes show up on the DVD?? You'll find out early next summer!

Bermuda
smbbyz

Post by smbbyz »

If you watch the little boy in the Jack Nicholson version of "The Shining", he uses his finger, as Al does, to speak for the "friend" in his head.
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I really don't feel like viewing or verifying a particular script, but there were some longer versions from the final shooting and eventual release. That sounds like it could be one of those early scripts, but I don't know who would have one in order to post it.

Bermuda
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

That sounds like it could be one of those early scripts, but I don't know who would have one in order to post it.

I have a copy of the Second Draft that I picked up in a little store that sold scripts, photos, and press kits. It's dated April 13, 1988. That's the copy that appears on Allison's page, she typed it up.

It has some deleted scenes and cut text and characters, it's a fun read just to see what changed.

I guess it's a little too late to make suggestions for what I'd like to see on the UHF DVD, but a copy of the first draft of the script (and subsequent drafts) would be really cool!

Ah well, maybe next DVD.

David
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

hey the link isnt working, can anyone type out the address for me, please!?!?