Australian Tour!

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

OopsieDaisy
Occasional

Post by OopsieDaisy »

I wonder if the boys heard this last night?

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_pag ... 02,00.html
millie
Regular

Post by millie »

Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was soooooooooooooooo fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got 4th row tickets and i wore a red hawien shirt! and in smells like navana he chucked water on me from his gargle cup!!!!!! and i waited for 1 and a half hours after and met him!!!!!!!!! and while we were waiting this woman and a baby and a body guard had to come through and it was his wife and his daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOO and i bought a bucket hat and the orage top with the picture of al in a circle. And he signed that and he signed my poodle hat cd and he waved to me from the stage!!!!!!!!!!!!we had waited for ages after the show and we were all singing and there were all these vans with food in them! And then the band came out and got into this car that looked like my grandparents car (white van type thing) and then ages later this catering guy with an anerican accent said that they were on a really tite schedule and that al would only sign one thing each and no stories (he said that as much as al likes to here tham they were in a rush) so we went in to the thetre through this back door and waited for a bit and then he came!!!!! and he asked me which pen i wanted him to use! i got two signatures because i went with a friend and my mum so i got my mum to get him to sign something else! And i got home at 2! and i had school today so i'm really tierd!
millie
Regular

Post by millie »

oh yeah and in "a complicated song" he changed "moved to alabama where that kind of thing is tolerated" he changed alabama to tasmania!

the palae theter (excuse my spelling) is next to Lina park and he said that he'd always wanted to sing in a really old thetre next to a creapy anusment park, and that dreams really do come true.

And he said that he did some research on the net and realized that melbourne people really liked songs about leprosy and he sang party at the leper colony!!!!!!!!!!

pics coming soon!
3tion

Post by 3tion »

And he said that he did some research on the net and realized that melbourne people really liked songs about leprosy and he sang party at the leper colony!!!!!!!!!!

he said the same thing about Adelaidians... id really like to know his sources!! :P
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

QUOTE oh yeah and in \"a complicated song\" he changed \"moved to alabama where that kind of thing is tolerated\" he changed alabama to tasmania!

Wait, that doesn't fit!

You're kidding about that, aren't you?

Oh, I suppose it COULD fit. Like this:

Move to TasManIa

Cool!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Is that sort of thing tolerated in Tasmania?
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Not that I'm aware of.

But I think it is wherever Grom lives.

:P
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

QUOTE QUOTE

he said the same thing about Adelaidians... id really like to know his sources!! :P

Well, he said he knows from experience Clevelanders love polkas and "songs about the deathly effects of leprosy".

New joke, I guess.

Nina is down under???? Wow! Hope she and Suzanne and Al have fun in their time off!
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

QUOTE QUOTE oh yeah and in \"a complicated song\" he changed \"moved to alabama where that kind of thing is tolerated\" he changed alabama to tasmania!

Wait, that doesn't fit!

You're kidding about that, aren't you?

Oh, I suppose it COULD fit. Like this:

Move to TasManIa

Cool!

Yeah, all he'd have to do is hold the "Tas-" long enough to cover the same notes as "Ala-" and there you have it. It sounds bad trying to cram extra syllables into a line, but the other way around works pretty well.

Does Tasmania have a reputation as being full of bogans?

-OE, trying to learn a little Aussie.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I was actually coming to this topic to ask if any cultural references were lost on Australians. But I see you guys are already way ahead of me!

I made this it's own topic, since I suspect it might be more than a few.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!