Al on Australian TV Alerts

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

yep that was annoying, especailly as they knew it was parodying straight outta compton, and they said that right
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Pookster
Occasional

Post by Pookster »

Ended up going with Google Video after all.
For those who missed it, click here.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

If any Australian folks are still online at this hour, the video for "White and Nerdy" plays again in the 4:30am of Rage tonight (i.e early Saturday morning).

Pookster, if you have the Today show interview in a higher quality and you're looking for somewhere to host it, PM me. ;)
Tronno
Occasional

Post by Tronno »

VH1 is playing "Eat It" right now..

Update: coz I didn't wanna double post..

On Friday night (27/10) at about 10:35 pm, the DJ of some obscure local radio station I've never heard of before decided to "play a little "Weird Al" Yankovic (yes, he pronounced it correctly).

First up he decided he'd play The Alternative Polka (though he kept pronouncing 'Polka' as 'Poker' since the words sound similar in an aussie accent, and he said it a lot).

After the end of the song "Loser" he stopped and commented on the singer and the song, then said he'd play Since You've Been Gone. He must have pressed the wrong button, because he started playing the Polka again.

After it was done he did play Since You've Been Gone, and went on about how the guy's been in so much pain since she was gone, but not as much as when she was still there.

He then proceeded to play the theme song from "Rockwiz", describing it as "Totally Way Cool".

It was a pretty nice experience to hear some Al songs on the radio, albeit some odd station with a boring DJ.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

I was thinking, when Al comes to Australia for the tour and does TV show appearances and stuff, wouldn't it be cool to see him on Thank God You're Here.....

I know Al stands by the fact that he isn't much of a stand up comedian, but half the fun of this show is watching people who don't usually do comedy/aren't comedians handle those random situations. I actually think Al would do pretty well, he'd be more entertaining than that dude from The Wiggles [the blue wiggle] or Andrew G

I was just looking for an email address or something but I haven't found one yet, but what do people think of the idea?
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

It would be very cool, but I'd say that if the pilot get picked up he's more likely to appear on the American version. (Yes, there is probably going to be one, and yes, it is going to rock).

Though remember Al also said he was never particularly good at improv either. It would still be good, but perhaps not up to the standard of some of Al's written stuff.

On a slightly related note, you know what's not only a really cool idea but also a big possibility? A guest programming spot on Rage or jtv, or something along those lines. It'd almost be an Australian Al-TV.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

It would be cool if they let him take over Rage for a few hours, but it would probably be before the countdown
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Rage doesn't have a countdown anymore.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

that just shows how often I watch Rage :P

Al could actually get a couple of hours at a decent time of the morning then, that would be super cool
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Then if Al comes down under again, let's make it happen!