AL-ifying Canada

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

HalifaxKat
Regular

Re: AL-ifying Canada

Post by HalifaxKat »

What are people's predictions for 2012 as far as Canadian tour dates? Just for fun, ya know. I'm looking at the archives on the Mothership. If it were going to be like the Straight Outta Lynwood tour, one could reasonably expect to see shows in B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. On the other hand, the Poodle Hat tour lacked Canadian dates.

I'm going to predict that there will be 2012 Canadian dates and that all the above 5 provinces will be visited -- not sure which cities, but I bet that they will mostly (if not all) be cities he has visited before. In spite of my prediction, I'm still biting my nails wondering if I should just book tickets to some U.S. city to be assured of VIP tickets rather than risk waiting too long and then not have a feasible Canadian date materialize, so maybe I'm not so sure after all. But it's still pretty early yet. And while I can't bring myself to "predict" a Quebec tour date, I can bring myself to be very cautiously optimistic. Maybe he drummed up some interest while he was there taping JFL.

Anyway, discuss! :)
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Post by Iamabrawler »

If he does come to Quebec, I'm sure it will be in Montreal, and I'm also sure it's not going to be for long.
"So I went in my garaage, got in my care
And I drived, talking with my blue teeth
My boyfreind told me don't cree
Come to my houss, don't worraye,
we'll talk about this togeedurr."
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

Iamabrawler wrote:If he does come to Quebec, I'm sure it will be in Montreal, and I'm also sure it's not going to be for long.
Kbel (further up the thread) mentioned a French Just For Laughs interview that mentioned a "Canadian tour" in 2012, but she doesn't seem to post here anymore. Has anyone else seen this interview or found it online somewhere? I've tried searching, but my French language search terms have been limited to "Juste Pour Rire", so there might be better search terms. I'm curious exactly what was said and by whom... I'd place my bets that it was the interviewer who called it a "Canadian tour" as opposed to Al, and I can't imagine it was more than vague speculation on the part of the interviewer. However, I would love to be proven wrong!
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

OK, here's an interview with Al (Google-translated into English, so expect some mistakes!) which mentions Canadian 2012 tour possibilities (in a totally vague way, of course, at least in the English translation).

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl ... md%3Dimvns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
― Albert Einstein
kbel

Post by kbel »

I'm still here! Just returned to lurking as before.

Yes, that's the interview I meant. And I was referring to, "Il y a toutefois de l’espoir pour les fans québécois de l’humoriste, puisqu’il mentionne qu’une tournée canadienne est dans les plans d’ici l’an prochain." Which is, as you said, very vague.
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

Thanks, kbel! Actually, that sounds a bit more positive in French, as at least it says that Al himself mentioned these plans! Fed through the Google translator, it just said the plans were mentioned... yes, presumably by Al, but then, I also pictured the interviewer getting carried away with enthusiasm and basically making it up themselves and Al just sort of nodding and going along with it in a good-natured sort of way...

There is actual hope!!! :whoot:
― Albert Einstein
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Post by Iamabrawler »

Well, of course we're not gonna ask him to pass by Montreal, Trois-Rivieres, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Saguenay, Ste-Elie-de-Caxton!
One or two shows in Montreal will be perfect. I very likely won't buy tickets for it. But I'm gonna hope he sells a lot.
"So I went in my garaage, got in my care
And I drived, talking with my blue teeth
My boyfreind told me don't cree
Come to my houss, don't worraye,
we'll talk about this togeedurr."
Ghettogold

Post by Ghettogold »

I was a young Canadian girl who had a great time watching the old Al Music takeovers of Much Music. Used to have them on VHS and watched them like mad. Now I'm a woman in my 30's yearning for that type of happiness again. Does anyone on this board have those music specials and willing to sell me a copy? Don't care of quality, just really, really want to re-visit that happiness. If so, please email me at [email protected] or reply here.
leighr

Post by leighr »

I love WAY, eh?!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Ghettogold, late response but best you can do is buy the videos on DVD, get your laptop hooked up to your television and find the year you want on AL-TUBE and bam you got AL-TV, Al-Music and I generally just watch it a while, and watch the videos on DVD in between clips when I feel like it. This is about as good as it gets since the clips aren't on DVD and will probably never end up being sold on DVD. Anyways, you can still manage to watch a good portion of it if you got the right tools. I love it, we all want OUR AL TV!!!!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!