Figuring out the new parodies on "Poodle Hat"

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Figuring out the new parodies on "Poodle Hat"

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

Hello folks,

I got a big challenge for you all...Some of you guys were smart and determined enough to find out that the new album was being called "Poodle Hat" and that it was indeed being released on May 20 well in advance of Bermuda's official announcement. Now can you figure out which artists he is parodying on the album?

You could try thinking of possible parody candidates and e-mail that band or artist's official website with a question like "Any truth to the rumor that Weird Al Yankovic is doing a parody of you on his next album?"...Let's see what you guys come up with...We can be like Sherlock Holmes...

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Uhh...shouldn't this be in Central:The Big Speculation Topic?
Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

No, this topic is for hard, conclusive proof that anyone can find out about what's being done for parodies on the next album. Nobody should post here with something speculative...Guessing doesn't cut it here...For example, if you read on a Nickleback site an official news item from the band that Al is doing one of their songs, then that is factual and not just "hmmm, wonder if Al will do a Nickleback song?"
Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

If you can't provide a direct quote from a source or a weblink, then the piece of info is probably not true...
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

If you didn't see it before, this is a 90%-sure-done-with-research parody. I have this on either Big Spec Topic or weirdal.com update subjects ( I don't really keep track, I just post) that

SPOILER!!!!!!!

:onfire:

Norah Jones- Don't Know Why Will be parodied. See other topic- it has to do with snooping in the new session pics.
Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

The use of a clarinet by one of the band members in a session photo does not prove that Norah Jones (daughter of Ravi Shankar, by the way) will be parodied on "Poodle Hat". That is speculative. When Universal Music and Video listed a May 20 release date for "Poodle Hat" on their website a full week or so before Mermuda broke the news to us, that was a solid fact that could be seen...
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

before Mermuda broke the news to us

Bermuda's evil twin?? :dontgetit:
Weird Albert
Occasional

Post by Weird Albert »

Since it is called poodle hat and I saw Scotti's pic of Mr. Burns wearing a poodle I think possible parody of Simpson's "Like my Vest"

See my vest, see my vest, made from real gorrila chest...
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Johnnytimewarp, did I kill your poodle or something??? You keep yelling at me!!!! STOP!!!! :onfire: Sorry, but it is a very educated guess.

I'm gonna go ask other bands about Al now.