Yeeeehaw.. Preordering Poodle Hat!

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Now if each of us registered on this forum buy Poodle Hat and talk 2499 of our close personal friends into buying it too, we can take this puppy platinum. No fair overlapping friends, though. Consider it a motivation to expand your social circle.

Uh... my social skills aren't quite that good and my social circle isn't quite that broad. Couldn't I just buy the additional 2.499 copies myself?

*checks wallet* Hey, can anyone loan me $37,475?

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Uh... my social skills aren't quite that good and my social circle isn't quite that broad. Couldn't I just buy the additional 2.499 copies myself?

Oh, okay. But remember, if you give away the extra 2,499 copies, then you can make some new friends and be ahead of the game for the album after Poodle Hat.
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

*checks wallet* Hey, can anyone loan me $37,475?

George: Hey Stanley, you got 37, 475 dollars?

Stanley: (looks through pennies in wallet) No, sorry...
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Hmm... besides PH (which of course I'll be owning!!!!!) there's one CD on there I have (Elephant- White Stripes)..

Same here. I'm really not into most contemporary music, but The White Stripes are pretty cool. I have 3 of their 4 albums (I'm missing De Stijl) and was very happy with their latest. I kinda hope Al does a parody of them on PH, though...

As for the Dixie Chicks, according to Billboard.com their album is #3 on the country charts this week, and was still at #1 as of last week! By all the hoopla in the media, you'd have thought the entire country hated this band! Guess not. You got us again, Fox News!

Meadows
Squiddum
Occasional

Post by Squiddum »

Hi! This is my first post here - eek!

I'm an Aussie and I have no idea when Poodle Hat's gonna be released over here. Does anyone know how I can find out?

I'm assuming it won't be May 20 (my cat's birthday!!!), so I ordered it at Amazon:

Subtotal: $13.49

Shipping & Handling: $6.48

-----

Total Before Tax: $19.97

Estimated Tax: $0.00

-----

Grand Total: $19.97

Shipping estimate: May 23

Delivery estimate: June 9 - June 16

That's $32.30 in Australian dollars - which is practically the same price as CDs in the shops (most are $20 - $30)! I thought it'd cost a lot more, especially the shipping and handling.
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

Welcome Squiddum!! I haven't been here long either, but it's been a lot of fun!! Can't answer your question but I wanted to "Hi!!!" I look forward to being Stupid with you!!

Stupidhippie :biggrin:

:stupid:
Squiddum
Occasional

Post by Squiddum »

Can't answer your question but I wanted to "Hi!!!" I look forward to being Stupid with you!!
:biggrin: Thanks man! Ditto!
tempforte
Occasional

Post by tempforte »

If you're in the UK, you can pre-order Poodle Hat at play.com for £9.99 including P&P, which isn't a bad price at all. (The postage isn't free if you're in mainland Europe; not sure how much though.) However, I don't know whether this is the US version with all the extras or a "no frills" European release.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

tempforte, welcome to the forum. But your avatar frightens me... :dontgetit:
tempforte
Occasional

Post by tempforte »

Thanks for the welcome, Scotti!

And you are right to Fear The Monkey...