Who's going to the CD signing in LA?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Who's going to the CD signing in LA?

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Just curious...I've changed my mind and decided to make the trek to LA.

I might even bring my sis along :)

Who else is planning on being there?

sg
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Um...well, I know I can't. I live waaaay away from there, and I think it's too long of a drive for me to get home from school, beg my parents to go, and get there in time...oh well. Wish I could...
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

If I can score a wristband at the Burbank Virgin Megastore this Thursday, I'm definitely gonna be there! (and even if I miss out on the wristbands, I'll still probably go...you never know!)

Meadows
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I'm not going, but if anyone in the L.A. area would like to pre-order a copy for me, I'd really appreciate it. I'm not interested in the CD (I'll get that locally), but I'm interested in adding the certificate and writsband to my collection.

I'll be happy to send you money to cover the cost of the CD, postage to mail me the stuff, and some extra for your time. PM or email me if you are interested.

BTW, I added the instore to the Concert Tracker. (hey, it's a public event and it's listed on weirdal.com, so it qualifies!)

Dave
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Post by like_im_27again »

I'll be there, and Cid and Kevin will be with me. It'll be fun to meet everybody!

Vikki
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

If I can score a wristband at the Burbank Virgin Megastore this Thursday, I'm definitely gonna be there! (and even if I miss out on the wristbands, I'll still probably go...you never know!)

Meadows

I hope this isn't blabbing more than I should, but when I called Virgin yesterday, they said there would be 2 lines: One for the wristband holders, and another one for those without. (Knowing Al, I would have thought that would be the case.)

So, even if you can't get a wristband, show up anyway. You'll just have to wait longer.

sg

(Poor Al...I'm not sure which is better--having a thousand folks show up, or only a couple of dozen. The former will be hard on his hand, but the latter may hurt his feelings. :huh:) I don't think he'll have to worry about a small crowd, though :)
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Poor Al...I'm not sure which is better--having a thousand folks show up, or only a couple of dozen.

I'm sure having a thousand show up would make Al very happy. I'm sure he'd rather sell a thousand CDs than only a couple dozen.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

I'm sure having a thousand show up would make Al very happy. I'm sure he'd rather sell a thousand CDs than only a couple dozen.

Dave

Yeah, I would think so, but that's got to be a daunting feeling...looking down that long, long, long, l-o-o-o-o-ong line, knowing you have to sign all those CDs.

Judging from on-line sales, it's going to be a mob scene.

sg
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

And he'll have a month to recover from the autograph-sprain before he has to pick up his accordion and go on tour.
dead_parrot
Occasional

Post by dead_parrot »

I'll be there. I'm going to have my dad preorder the cd in Burbank tomorrow, since he works in the area. See you all on the 20th!