Lyrics You Still Don't Understand

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Re: Lyrics You Still Don't Understand

Post by Sappho »

Putting fries into ice cream? :blink: That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard. I guess I'll have to try it sometime. :D
Love and peace.
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

Yeah, usually milkshakes, Frosties, or soft serve ice cream. Well, I guess you could use regular ice cream if it was soft enough. But yeah, it's a hotly debated culinary topic.
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

Sappho wrote:I never knew that stereotype existed until a short while ago. Probably because I'm not American and putting mayo on sandwiches isn't a thing we do here at all, to the point where it's considered weird.

Instead, we put our mayo on fries. The way God intended! :lol:
Most sandwiches part of a supermarket meal deal here has mayo. Very few have no mayo so you gotta them em or go home, but the mayo is really nice on chicken and sage and onion stuffing or a similar alternative. Most of them have mayo which is one of the best part
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Anti mayo. Pro fry dip.

Any other lyrics you don't understand? I'll explain all of them!!!!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I was reluctant, but a friend convinced me to try the Frosty fry dip and I think I genuinely divide my life into the time before and after that monumental occasion. Do it.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Tbh we should just have the Frosty/fries as a dessert combo on the menu. People will come around during non-rush hours and surreptitiously order a frosty and a order of fries, then we all go yeppp we know what THEY'RE doing. When I still ate fries, this was my favorite meal to get.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

TMBJon wrote:Anti mayo. Pro fry dip.

Any other lyrics you don't understand? I'll explain all of them!!!!
I don't like mayo, either. Yuck. I actually don't like to have most condiments on my food if there's a choice.

Yeah, can you explain this one:

When the song says, "Because I'm tacky," is he talking about himself being tacky? That's stumped me for the longest time. For that matter, is he talking about himself when he says "I'm fat" in Fat? :unsure:
anthontherun wrote:I was reluctant, but a friend convinced me to try the Frosty fry dip and I think I genuinely divide my life into the time before and after that monumental occasion. Do it.
Back in the year 3FFD...
yankochick38 wrote:People will come around during non-rush hours and surreptitiously order a frosty and a order of fries, then we all go yeppp we know what THEY'RE doing.
That's when you hand them the bag and say, "Enjoy" and give them a wink to tell them, "I know what you're doing." ;)
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Yankopunk wrote:When the song says, "Because I'm tacky," is he talking about himself being tacky? That's stumped me for the longest time. For that matter, is he talking about himself when he says "I'm fat" in Fat? :unsure:
This is really one of the great meta-Al questions, isn't it? Is the narrator/singer of, say, Fat meant to be thought of as Weird Al himself? Or is it Michael Jackson? Or some other person? And if it's the other person, do they know about Michael Jackson's song, Bad, or in that universe does Bad not exist? Does the narrator know they are singing parody lyrics? These are questions I think about often.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

yankochick38 wrote:Tbh we should just have the Frosty/fries as a dessert combo on the menu. People will come around during non-rush hours and surreptitiously order a frosty and a order of fries, then we all go yeppp we know what THEY'RE doing. When I still ate fries, this was my favorite meal to get.
I looked up the Frosty, because out of the loop, and WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE GO AND DO THAT? That is seriously so freaking disgusting in so many ways. Would rather tackle an extra hot chicken butterfly at Nandos, and by extra hot I mean SUPER HOT. They do that stuff very spicy guys don't underestimate the Nandos.

It's like putting fries into a slushie. So disgusting.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Heds wrote:
yankochick38 wrote:Tbh we should just have the Frosty/fries as a dessert combo on the menu. People will come around during non-rush hours and surreptitiously order a frosty and a order of fries, then we all go yeppp we know what THEY'RE doing. When I still ate fries, this was my favorite meal to get.
I looked up the Frosty, because out of the loop, and WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE GO AND DO THAT? That is seriously so freaking disgusting in so many ways. Would rather tackle an extra hot chicken butterfly at Nandos, and by extra hot I mean SUPER HOT. They do that stuff very spicy guys don't underestimate the Nandos.

It's like putting fries into a slushie. So disgusting.
Incorrect.