POLL: Worst Weird Al Album

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Which is the worst Weird Al album of all time?

"Weird Al" Yankovic
8%
In 3D
No votes
Dare To Be Stupid
4%
Polka Party!
23%
Even Worse
13%
UHF
8%
Off The Deep End
No votes
Alapalooza
15%
Bad Hair Day
4%
Running With Scissors
No votes
Poodle Hat
12%
Straight Outta Lynwood
2%
Alpocalypse
6%
Mandatory Fun
6%

Total votes: 52

chickadee
Regular

Re: POLL: Worst Weird Al Album

Post by chickadee »

yankochick38 wrote:Omg Poodle Hat is one of the best albums what are you guys talking about
I'm with you!!!
I only discovered Al in 2014, but Poodle hat was the album that sent me to Amazon.

Favorites: in order: :accordion:
1. Ebay
2. Genius in France
3.Angry White Boy Polka
4.Hardware Store
5.Trash Day
6.Bob
7.Party at the Leper Colony
8.A Complicated Song ("my neck is enjoying a pleasant breeze" sends my serotonin soaring!!! )
9.Ode to Superman
10.Couch Potato
11.I wanna be your Lover
12. Why does this Always Happen to Me

Good God, I LOVE this album!!!!! :ttr:
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I always end up picking Alpocalypse because the only tracks staying around are CIA and PTW and although I like them a lot, I don't think I like those songs better than tracks off of the other ALbums.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

I'm picking the first album for sure. After that it's a bit of a choice between Polka Party and UHF, but I eventually decided UHF as my second least favorite because of all the non-musical stuff on it and beyond that there are only a couple songs that I like.
Love and peace.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Yankomaniac wrote:I always end up picking Alpocalypse because the only tracks staying around are CIA and PTW and although I like them a lot, I don't think I like those songs better than tracks off of the other ALbums.
Omg but the originals are sogreat!!! Imma let you finish but Skipper Dan is one of the best songs of ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

I'm gonna admit, most Al albums have those songs with no appeal at all except for Running With Scissors and Mandatory Fun (where all the songs have actually managed to get me out of boredom)

By that, I mean most of them have those songs that nobody really looks at or otherwise dislikes. It's some of the more popular ones (e.g the ones with music videos) that seem to delight Al fans and even common non-Al fans themselves.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Oh, I agree, the originals are prime indeed. I wish he would have kept Skipper Dan instead of PTW. Even though the Octopus costume is awesome.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

Alapalooza because it has only 2 good originals on it those being Franks 2000" TV and Harvey The Wonder Hamster. I lik ed all the parodies and the polka was ok.:bad:
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

No, Young, Dumb & Ugly is as awesome as anything except maybe Frank's. Traffic Jam and She Never Told Me She Was A Mime are musical pieces of wizardry! More Traffic Jam but I love the guitar leads in SNTMSWAM, and Young, Dumb & Ugly is a hilarious rocker with some great riffage. Will never be able to pick a worst ALbum personally, I love them all so much.
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

Traffic Jam has one of my favorite lines ever: "I left home five hours ago but I can still see my house from here!"
Love and peace.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

Yankomaniac wrote:No, Young, Dumb & Ugly is as awesome as anything except maybe Frank's. Traffic Jam and She Never Told Me She Was A Mime are musical pieces of wizardry! More Traffic Jam but I love the guitar leads in SNTMSWAM, and Young, Dumb & Ugly is a hilarious rocker with some great riffage. Will never be able to pick a worst ALbum personally, I love them all so much.
Young Dumb & Ugly is OK Waffle King is OK But She Was A Mime, Talk soup and Traffic Jam are his 3 worst songs in my opinion.