Al + Accapella = Alcapella?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Electric Amish
Occasional

Al + Accapella = Alcapella?

Post by Electric Amish »

I was just kind of listening to the Vocals Only remix of Hardware Store ( my favorite song on the new album ( I hope he does it Live ) ), and I was wondering if anyone else thinks Al and the Crew should do more Accapella, they have such astounding range, and most of the songs they do, could be easily transposed into Accapella forms.

They could even name the ALbum Al-Capella. :)

I was wondering because I my self do sing a bit of Accapella, ( I started my own group that later fell apart that was named "Jokers Wild." ) and I was in awe of the Vocal Only remix of Hardware store..

Opinions?
jerrymustbeslaughtered
Occasional

Post by jerrymustbeslaughtered »

Have you seen Mitch Hedburg's comedy act? He says he was in a Heavy Metal band called "injured" (he didn't want to be as intense as "mortuary"), but then they called themselves "A Cappella" as they walked out of a pawn shop. That guy has some weird ideas...
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I don't know about a whole a cappella album (Al seems to like to offer as many different styles as possible per album) but I sure wouldn't mind more a cappella songs.

And more accordion. I agree with Scottidog, Poodle Hat was a little accordion-deficient for my taste (I was hoping for a bonus accordion remix or two).
Electric Amish
Occasional

Post by Electric Amish »

Anyone interesed in compling a list of songs that could be composed as Al-capella?
Moneybags
Regular

Post by Moneybags »

[quote]Have you seen Mitch Hedburg's comedy act? He says he was in a Heavy Metal band called "injured" (he didn't want to be as intense as "mortuary"), but then they called themselves "A Cappella" as they walked out of a pawn shop. That guy has some weird ideas...

He's one of the funniest stand-up comedians I've ever heard. I'd recommend his show to anyone. Unless you're 5 years old...in which case you might not get some parts of his act.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

And more accordion. I agree with Scottidog, Poodle Hat was a little accordion-deficient for my taste (I was hoping for a bonus accordion remix or two).

Accordion deficiency is bad. But given the kinds of songs Al did this time, I can see why it would be tough to work his axe into some of them.

Take a dose of Zydeco-Al and call Dr. Dad in the morning.

Speaking of which (whom?) Dr. Dad where are you?? I have been waiting for your PH review!
jerrymustbeslaughtered
Occasional

Post by jerrymustbeslaughtered »

axe? that's some good stuff!
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

well I want to see hardware store in concert too..but that might be a hard one...to do that whole verse...unless it was the opener...or mixed with something else...

Sarah
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Anyone interesed in compling a list of songs that could be composed as Al-capella?

There's an a capella group called The Multi-Colored Ties, that have covered "Since You've Been Gone" and "One More Minute." You can find it on their CD called "Ties-Stock '96" as well as the Al tribute cassette "Prosthetic Lips."

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Have you seen Mitch Hedburg's comedy act? He says he was in a Heavy Metal band called \"injured\" (he didn't want to be as intense as \"mortuary\"), but then they called themselves \"A Cappella\" as they walked out of a pawn shop. That guy has some weird ideas...

He's one of the funniest stand-up comedians I've ever heard. I'd recommend his show to anyone. Unless you're 5 years old...in which case you might not get some parts of his act.

Ok, I have t take offense to this. Being born on 2/29/80, that makes me, lets see, carrythe 1, divide by 4, add 27, FIVE! And Mitch Hedberg is my favorite stand-up. Or did you mean actual five year olds?

Mike
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ